HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Sep 11, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #406 of 1,290
hello, to owners RS2 how does it compared to Cayin RU6 dongle? in terms of sound and technicalities?

I have DTR1+, Mojo 2 and Gruphon with me, still hesitate for pulling the trigger on RS2.

Sep 11, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #407 of 1,290
I guess this tiny RS2 is not suitable for fullsize HP. I would only use desktop stack for my HP. However, you can try use RS2 as DAC to feed your desktop AMP to see if it makes a difference to your current setting.
Agree. My opinion, it is better for iem with normal hungry power.

Sep 11, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #408 of 1,290
I guess this tiny RS2 is not suitable for fullsize HP. I would only use desktop stack for my HP. However, you can try use RS2 as DAC to feed your desktop AMP to see if it makes a difference to your current setting.
Would agree here, the RS2 lacks power for full-sized headphones. Good for IEMs or maybe low-power requiring HPs.

Sep 11, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #409 of 1,290
Tried my Stellia and HD6xx with the RS2 yesterday, both balanced. Felt that the RS2 lacked the power to make either of them shine.

Did anybody else grab the Hela in a bundle with their RS2 for an extra $20 directly from Hiby? I'm finding it is a really addictive combination. The only thing holding me back from singing it's praises is that I don't really have any of the current kings in this price range to compare against.

RS2 spec has balanced output power (@ 32ohms) rated at only 225mW. This is not suited for demanding HPs.

Sep 11, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #410 of 1,290
RS2 spec has balanced output power (@ 32ohms) rated at only 225mW. This is not suited for demanding HPs.
Hi Alex. I’m waiting for your RS2 review.

Sep 11, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #411 of 1,290
Sep 11, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #412 of 1,290
Sunday done right, spent the entire day listening to HiBy RS2 with Softears RSV!! Lovely sound!! Spent like 10-12 hours so far with the DAP now. One thing I am sure about it now, it's musical, like i just don't want to put it down, it's pleasurable to listen to. Lovely midrange, vocals and acoustic instruments, pianos show all the love. Occasionally gave it IE600 and LETSHUOER Z12 Gold Edition too, everything sounds smooth and elegant with the Z12 and IE600 bass is also presented well. What I love is its compact factor, it's both good and bad for me. Good because I can put it into my pocket and wander around, my M7 is super huge to take it out during biking or just a normal outing. It's hard to keep it in the pocket but RS2 fits perfectly. Bad because its screen is small, smaller than my thumb lol. It's taking me a little while to get used to it.

P.S: power wise, don't expect much. It's pretty good for IEMs you won't find it lacking anywhere for IEMs. For HPs don't expect wonders, it's able to get iBasso SR2 decently loud at about 70/100 volume(single-ended port, high-gain). But it feels more authorized on my Shanling M7(about 50/100 on medium gain). More impressions after a few days now.

1662920844587.png

Sep 11, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #413 of 1,290
Ah forgot to add there's a little software bugs here and there. Basically, sometimes the upper menu doesn't drag down easily. I have upgraded to the latest firmware. But like I said my fingers are bigger than the screen hehe. Man why does this sound so good that I forget all this upon listening hehe.

Sep 11, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #414 of 1,290
Ah forgot to add there's a little software bugs here and there. Basically, sometimes the upper menu doesn't drag down easily. I have upgraded to the latest firmware. But like I said my fingers are bigger than the screen hehe. Man why does this sound so good that I forget all this upon listening hehe.
Yeah I found the same issue. Do you use low or high gain?

Sep 12, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #415 of 1,290
Even after I got my WM1A, which I really like with a very short time spent on it and I would rate WM1A at least one tier above my DX160. WM1A has higher resolution and you can immediately hear more details, but more importantly, its sound quality is, lack of better word, much more refined. In short, I strongly feel if you want the best bang for your buck, you'd rather buy a used top tier device, than a brand new lower tier one with the same budget.

However, that being said, I am still interested in RS2, mostly because of its form factor. Without demoing, I will say that RS2 will be inferior to WM1A in almost every aspect with potentially one exception in the musicality of the midrange. But just for the compact size and itd R2R sound signature, I will eventually buy it. Will wait for more reviews, and potentially, more stuff coming out. 11/11 and blackfriday is around the corner, waiting is always rewarding.

Sep 12, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #418 of 1,290
Sep 12, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #419 of 1,290
So got the rs2 today, anyone else hear rattling when they shake it even lightly?

Sounds like the battery is loose in there instead of secured with adhesive, I don't like that.
No rattling in my issue bro

Sep 12, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #420 of 1,290
So got the rs2 today, anyone else hear rattling when they shake it even lightly?

Sounds like the battery is loose in there instead of secured with adhesive, I don't like that.
No issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back