HiBy R8 User Impressions
Feb 18, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #2,282 of 3,161
If you recall, we’ve had a discussion before on UAPP’s bit perfect output. I just couldn’t get it to work properly and all my DSDs are converted into PCMs. So I’m perfectly happy with Hiby music app. Somehow to me it’s just more intuitive and polished. But I’m glad that UAPP works perfectly for you :thumbsup:
for me as well - it was working almost "out of the box". Did you try to contact developer?

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #2,283 of 3,161
If you recall, we’ve had a discussion before on UAPP’s bit perfect output. I just couldn’t get it to work properly and all my DSDs are converted into PCMs. So I’m perfectly happy with Hiby music app. Somehow to me it’s just more intuitive and polished. But I’m glad that UAPP works perfectly for you :thumbsup:
You have to activate DSD-Playback under Settings --> Internal HiRes Audio --> check Native DSD for Hiby R5/R6/PRO; exit the app and launch it again and voilà perfect DSD playback without conversion to PCM..:)

Feb 19, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #2,287 of 3,161
How do LPGT compares to R8 tonally? Had a chance to hear both?

I do not. I own and spent a lot of time lin the past 2 - 3 years istening music with R6Pro and R5. I actually use for commuting a R3Pro and a very good AP80Pro CU. Then one day I have had a LP6k and started to change some of my ideas about what I really needed from a DAP for my use (I am 30 years and more long a record collector I mainly use to dig into).
So glad with the kind of reference sound of LP6k I buyed an used LPGT too and happy since then with both.
It is very difficult to have a chance to test proof and aution any high end portable audio from here (Italy). Lotoo seemed worth the risk and actually these ones for me confirmed so.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #2,288 of 3,161
It is very difficult to have a chance to test proof and aution high end portable audio from here (Italy)
Yeh same in London. Only daps you have access to is A&K. But even then its all locked up at the minute. And i am waiting to compare se200 to R8.

Anyways. I was playing around qith MSEB and some tip rolling to achieve my desired tonality with R8. And i have just had an idea that EE Odin would be match made in heaven here. Espesially mids.

Feb 19, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #2,289 of 3,161
How do LPGT compares to R8 tonally? Had a chance to hear both?
@twister6 would be able to answer that. He has a short comparison in his R8 review. Going by memory only, the R8 is actually very similar tonally to the LPGT, but perhaps a touch more 'natural' in that the notes are very slightly fuller. My notes from an extended audition of the LPGT put the two neck-to-neck in terms of absolute SQ. Both are very much TOTL reference DAPs, more musical than clinical, both very transparent and true to the sound of your IEMs. I skipped on the LPGT because it was far more expensive for very similar SQ but with none of the extended Android features I wanted in a DAP.

Feb 19, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #2,291 of 3,161
Feb 19, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #2,293 of 3,161
The new firmware description says it allows a maximum battery charge to be set. This sound like what the Sony WM1A/1Z has available.

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #2,294 of 3,161
Looks like Amazon HD is playing at full sampling rate! I know it says "playing at 24b/44.1k", but it displays it correctly in notification bar, for Ultra HD with 192kHz... Hmm, but then HD tracks also shown as 192kHz. So, now I'm not sure if this is correct. But tracks do sound like full HD FLAC, at least to my ears I'm noticing a difference. Was streaming my amazon playlist this morning and now playing it again after fw update, and at least to my ears the sound is more 3D with improved dynamics.

1613750651772.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back