Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
May 15, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #1,891 of 4,006
Thanks dude, I ordered one from bh photo with the foam stuff. Decided to bite the bullet and pay for FedEx shipping to avoid the possibility of dropping this bad boy over the weekend :)

Yes its better to leave it in a hard case. i fell down and dropped my unit on the tarmac road 2 months ago and the glass cracked. I had to send it back to get it replaced which took about close to a month (to send,repair and get it back) but the good thing was that my chinese firmware could also be updated to the international one and my playstore problems were resolved.

May 16, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #1,895 of 4,006
Is there any sound difference between the chinese vs international version? And why the chinese version can not be converted to inter version? How do you install apps if you have chinese version without google play?
I haven't tested this because I bought the international unit, but can't you manually install the international rom on the chinese version?

May 16, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #1,897 of 4,006
I have found the OtterBox Pursuit 40 drybox to be excellent. Size fit is near perfect. I can even squeeze in my JH Lola IEMs. Sorry don't have that near me at the mo, but will post pics on Saturday. This box is discontinued, but you can still find it available on eBay for USD 15.

Edit: sorry just re-read your post, and it seem you are looking specifically for a belt case, not just a protection case. I don't think the Otterbox Pursuit 40 would fit your need. But its a good overall protection case.
You're awesome, thanks. I ordered one

May 16, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #1,898 of 4,006
When I asked Hiby, they said can not be change from chinese to inter but dont know what is the reason behind that.

i think previously, R6 still can do this.
I bought mine straight off HiBy's website. I wonder if I have the Chinese or International version? I did notice the web browser defaulted to a chinese page. Is there any drawback to having the Chinese version?

Correction/edit: looks like I have the international version because it has Google Play and I can install Tidal and all that...

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #1,899 of 4,006
UAPP only streams Qobuz and Tidal; it does not play Qobuz or Tidal offline tracks. Unfortunately for offline you have to use the native apps.

I could buy an ES100 for LDAC @ eq but I have a Hiby W5 on order for its hires UTA

But how to eq my Qobuz audio?

Thanks

May 16, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #1,900 of 4,006
Hi guys, I received my R6pro directly from Hiby and what was my disappointment, when I inserted the Dunu DK3001 with the Fiio 4.4 mm cable into the balance out! I mean the hiss and clicks after the 10 sec of pause. I also experience additional EMI when Wifi is on.
Nevertheless the player sounds great. I listen at the max level 27-28 and it is extremely loud on low gain.
The question is whether to buy another suitable IEMs with the similar sound signature or to change to Fiio M11? What would you recommend?.

May 17, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #1,901 of 4,006
Strange one this. My R6 Pro has developed some screen flickering and there is a burnt-in like image of the Hiby Music App logo that appears in a ghostly form in the background of the device.

Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to fix it?

Edit: it has never done this before and appears to have occurred overnight whilst I left it to charge.

Last edited:
May 17, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #1,902 of 4,006
Strange one this. My R6 Pro has developed some screen flickering and there is a burnt-in like image of the Hiby Music App logo that appears in a ghostly form in the background of the device.

Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to fix it?

Edit: it has never done this before and appears to have occurred overnight whilst I left it to charge.

What is the build date on your device? Off the box

Hi guys, I received my R6pro directly from Hiby and what was my disappointment, when I inserted the Dunu DK3001 with the Fiio 4.4 mm cable into the balance out! I mean the hiss and clicks after the 10 sec of pause. I also experience additional EMI when Wifi is on.
Nevertheless the player sounds great. I listen at the max level 27-28 and it is extremely loud on low gain.
The question is whether to buy another suitable IEMs with the similar sound signature or to change to Fiio M11? What would you recommend?.

What is your build date on the box? Unfortunately, you will need to either return l, and hope the replace doesn't exhibit the noise issues, use a iematch, or change iems.

Last edited:
May 17, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #1,903 of 4,006
Am I missing something here? I have been adding albums via Android File Transfer on my iMac Pro to the R6 Pro, but the only way I can see them in HiBy Music is to do a complete scan of the disc, i.e., Music scan from the menu. Is this the way it's supposed to work, or have I missed something simple?
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back