HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Feb 28, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #1,336 of 1,537
Is there a trick to get the R6iii to recognize a dongle? I am connecting a DC Elite and nothing?
What music app are you trying to use?

Did any on-screen popups appear after you plugged it in?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 29, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #1,338 of 1,537
I have had this unit for about a week now. I bought it for a travel DAP or a DAP to have that I could pocket without breaking the bank. I was struck by how light the unit is. The build is nice, but the wheel is strange, especially with the included case on. If anyone knows of a perfectly fitting leather case, please let me know. A snug case but not too difficult to remove.

I am very familiar with the Hiby music app and it is what I am using. I have used UAPP, Neutron, and Poweramp in the past. I am streaming Tidal and Qobuz and download and setup were quite easy. I may install one of the other music players, we will see.

The UI is okay, honestly, I am a fan of the polish of the A&K UI so this is a major subjective preference. I use Android phones, so I am very familiar.

The one concern before hearing the device was output power, on paper. Because I am not into desktop gear, read the About Me on my blog page, I am careful with pairings because volume is one thing, and authority to drive another. Thus far, I have not tried any headphones, but I will although I kind of know what to expect. To my surprise, the power output has been great. It has driven everything wonderfully. The sound quality adds to this. The sound is not thin or brittle, and has excellent tonality and fullness, but I find it overly colored or unnatural.

I mostly use A amp setting, and thus far it sips the battery well. When I test some headphones, I will use AB.

It is a nice purchase thus far and has fit my usage needs well.

I just wanted to throw a few notes out there.

Feb 29, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #1,339 of 1,537
I have had this unit for about a week now. I bought it for a travel DAP or a DAP to have that I could pocket without breaking the bank. I was struck by how light the unit is. The build is nice, but the wheel is strange, especially with the included case on. If anyone knows of a perfectly fitting leather case, please let me know. A snug case but not too difficult to remove.

I am very familiar with the Hiby music app and it is what I am using. I have used UAPP, Neutron, and Poweramp in the past. I am streaming Tidal and Qobuz and download and setup were quite easy. I may install one of the other music players, we will see.

The UI is okay, honestly, I am a fan of the polish of the A&K UI so this is a major subjective preference. I use Android phones, so I am very familiar.

The one concern before hearing the device was output power, on paper. Because I am not into desktop gear, read the About Me on my blog page, I am careful with pairings because volume is one thing, and authority to drive another. Thus far, I have not tried any headphones, but I will although I kind of know what to expect. To my surprise, the power output has been great. It has driven everything wonderfully. The sound quality adds to this. The sound is not thin or brittle, and has excellent tonality and fullness, but I find it overly colored or unnatural.

I mostly use A amp setting, and thus far it sips the battery well. When I test some headphones, I will use AB.

Hello,
What kind of headphones do you use?
I use the Hiby R6 iii with Denon AH-D 7200, Audioquest Nighthawk and Grado SR60e.
Greetings
Dietmar

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #1,340 of 1,537

Regarding the case: the Hiby brown leather case is a direct upgrade! Feels better and has more space for the volume wheel.

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:38 AM Post #1,341 of 1,537

Did you try using MSEB? You can make the sound more natural with that easily

Also the DRX10K Plugin is a game changer

Imho R6III only starts showing its full potential when you begin to fiddle with the above mentioned soundsettings

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #1,342 of 1,537
Did you try using MSEB? You can make the the sound more natural with that easily

Also the DRX10K Plugin is a game changer

Imho R6III only starts showing its full potential when you begin to fiddle with the above mentioned soundsettings
Would you mind sharing your recommended settings please?

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #1,343 of 1,537
Regarding the case: the Hiby brown leather case is a direct upgrade! Feels better and has more space for the volume wheel.
Thank you ...ordered

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:10 AM Post #1,345 of 1,537
Hello,
What kind of headphones do you use?
I use the Hiby R6 iii with Denon AH-D 7200, Audioquest Nighthawk and Grado SR60e.
Greetings
Dietmar
Hey man - I have quite a few headphones. It is easier to check my profile. My preferred is the HE1000 Stealth. I have a new closed back incoming as well.
Hi. Where did you order it from please?
Amazon

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #1,346 of 1,537
Would you mind sharing your recommended settings please?
MSEB should be tuned to your tastes relative to the earphones you're using so it should be different per person per earphone.

DRX10K adds dynamic punch to your choice of bass, mids and treble. My vote would be a V shape with more to the bass (just like how it is set by default), this is not an EQ, that's my vote because there seems more punch to naturally extract and enhance in the bass and treble regions where e.g. the drum kit would occupy. Mids on the other hand are where vocals lie and may benefit from a smoother presentation so I usually don't find a dynamics boost there beneficial.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #1,347 of 1,537
MSEB should be tuned to your tastes relative to the earphones you're using so it should be different per person per earphone.

DRX10K adds dynamic punch to your choice of bass, mids and treble. My vote would be a V shape with more to the bass (just like how it is set by default), this is not an EQ, that's my vote because there seems more punch to naturally extract and enhance in the bass and treble regions where e.g. the drum kit would occupy. Mids on the other hand are where vocals lie and may benefit from a smoother presentation so I usually don't find a dynamics boost there beneficial.
Awesome dude...Thank you

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #1,348 of 1,537
Yes, the default setting pretty much nails it....maybe minor adjustments depending on your headphone. (My settings 0.5x Bass / 0.5x Treble)

If you also use the soundfield plugin on top with its default settings (for a wider sense of stage) Cymbals and High hats might become a bit too splashy/artificial, therefore i lowered soundfield to 1.15

In MSEB i only added +1 warmth and thats all.

It took a while to get there but now I am very happy with the sound, it´s outstanding!

Also kudos to Hiby´s mail support! If that´s also you @Joe Bloggs , thanks a lot good sir! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #1,349 of 1,537
Yes, the default setting pretty much nails it....maybe minor adjustments depending on your headphone. (My settings 0.5x Bass / 0.5x Treble)

If you also use the soundfield plugin on top with its default settings (for a wider sense of stage) Cymbals and High hats might become a bit too splashy/artificial, therefore i lowered soundfield to 1.15

It took a while to get there but now I am very happy with the sound, it´s outstanding!

Also kudos to Hiby´s mail support! If that´s also you @Joe Bloggs , thanks a lot good sir! :beerchug:
Email is another team, good job Ashley 👍

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #1,350 of 1,537

Thank you. I realize settings are a personal thing but I like to experiment with what others who have had a device for a while are using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back