HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Nov 22, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #1,201 of 1,511
Yes, we are planning to port the PEQ to systemwide
Excellent news! Thank you for listening to us, that will make a big difference.

Nov 23, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #1,202 of 1,511
Has anyone successfully connected their iPhone as a source and used the R6III as a DAP only? I wanted to play some music that is only on Apple Music and not on Quobuz, but not via Bluetooth to retain lossless quality. I tried following the Hiby directions but for some reason, my iPhone doesn't output when connected via USB. Any tips are appreciated.

Nov 23, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #1,203 of 1,511
Has anyone successfully connected their iPhone as a source and used the R6III as a DAP only? I wanted to play some music that is only on Apple Music and not on Quobuz, but not via Bluetooth to retain lossless quality. I tried following the Hiby directions but for some reason, my iPhone doesn't output when connected via USB. Any tips are appreciated.
I don’t use Apple Music anymore, but when I did I just installed the Apple Music app on the R6III and used that.

Nov 23, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #1,204 of 1,511
Not using anything Apple, but the R6III can all these things except making phone calls - so, what's the point really?

Nov 23, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #1,205 of 1,511
Does the R6III go to the USB DAC mode screen when you have connected as instructed? Something like this:
1700784557081.png

If not, what do you get instead?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 27, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #1,206 of 1,511
Hello! New R6 III owner here! I'm trying to use the media buttons in PowerAmp. If I press pause and then again to play, it appears to continue playing but the seconds count in about half-second intervals. Whether in working or wonky mode, the next track button goes to the next track and also counts quickly. Either way, I hear silence. If I use the on-screen controls to pause, wait ~4 seconds, then play again, I can get my sound back. Sooner than that, and it's still in double-speed silent mode.

I tried some advice earlier in this thread about (1) disabling the Hiby Music app, and (2) disabling PowerAmp's Direct Volume Control (DVC). Neither seemed to help an iota. Thanks so much for any advice on this one!

Nov 28, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #1,207 of 1,511
Oh snap, my player decided to update the firmware again today, this time to 1.31. I had thought it would have been the latest when it updated the other day, but I guess not!

Anyway, the problem disappeared!

Thanks & sorry for the noise. <3

Nov 28, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #1,209 of 1,511
So it's worked one time, tried it several other times and it doesn't. It's weird. When I connect USB it asks me if I want to allow Hiby Music to access my iPhone.
The connection's gone the wrong way with respect to "host-slave" relationship. Try to connect the cable the other ways around (both in terms of up-down and which and goes where), or opt for a dedicated Camera Connection Kit and a regular type A-C cable.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 28, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #1,210 of 1,511
I don’t use Apple Music anymore, but when I did I just installed the Apple Music app on the R6III and used thatTha
That would work but it won't be lossless.
The connection's gone the wrong way with respect to "host-slave" relationship. Try to connect the cable the other ways around (both in terms of up-down and which and goes where), or opt for a dedicated Camera Connection Kit and a regular type A-C cable.
Awesome, I'll try that and see if it works. Thank you!

Nov 29, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #1,213 of 1,511
It’s a couple of months since I used Apple Music, but I think it was lossless on the R6. I would suggest try it and see what the result is.

Nov 29, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #1,215 of 1,511
It’s a couple of months since I used Apple Music, but I think it was lossless on the R6. I would suggest try it and see what the result is.
Unless I'm doing something wrong, Apple Music is not lossless on the R6III. I'm listening now. On playback on my iPhone 15 the Lossless symbol is present on the R6III it is not.
IMG_0027.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back