HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Apr 6, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #481 of 1,511
Any word on the software update coming through? My r6 gen 3 is still struggling with the bluetooth amp functionality and with the SRC bypass not working

Apr 7, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #482 of 1,511
Q. Is there any way of disabling the coloured LED on the side? Last night listening in bed I had to bury it in the duvet as it’s rather bright indeed…

I’m also finding the silicon case is pretty poor. The thickness of it at the top makes the volume dial really hard to access. I have to use my nail it’s so deeply recessed

Apr 7, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #483 of 1,511
Q. Is there any way of disabling the coloured LED on the side? Last night listening in bed I had to bury it in the duvet as it’s rather bright indeed…

I’m also finding the silicon case is pretty poor. The thickness of it at the top makes the volume dial really hard to access. I have to use my nail it’s so deeply recessed
Yes in the settings / display settings/ keep pulsar light on when powered on.
992194D3-821E-4E9E-B01E-9EDFE82CD78B.jpeg

has anyone got to 100% charged battery.?
even if I leave it plugged in overnight I only see 98%, using a inbuilt socket charging port.

Apr 7, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #484 of 1,511
has anyone got to 100% charged battery.?
even if I leave it plugged in overnight I only see 98%, using a inbuilt socket charging port.
I have go it to do so but yes it has stopped at 99 at times as well. Honestly it doesnt matter much long term and is in fact most likely better for it because having the battery charged at 100% does put extra strain on it

Apr 7, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #485 of 1,511
I have go it to do so but yes it has stopped at 99 at times as well. Honestly it doesnt matter much long term and is in fact most likely better for it because having the battery charged at 100% does put extra strain on it
In the charge setting, I set mine to charge up to 80% only. Hopefully, this will help prolong the battery life.

Apr 7, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #486 of 1,511
No such device currently exists that I'm aware of.
You insight would be appreciated. I am considering upgrading to an RS6 from my current AK 1K. The 1k is ROON ready and this plays and displays various sample rates above 48. Will the Hiby players not do this? Are they limited to 48 when using ROON? Not a deal breaker but definitely a factor in considering an upgrade path. I hope more players will be ROON ready in the future, right now its only Fiio and AK.

Apr 7, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #487 of 1,511
I also think the provided case makes very awkward to change volume and wonder if people who have the leather case have the same problem. Any feedback on this?

Apr 7, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #488 of 1,511
I find with the plastic case, it is easiest to move the volume wheel slightly then use my finger to adjust the yellow ring accordingly for proper volume.
I have ordered a leather case and can update after it arrives.

Apr 8, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #493 of 1,511
Date and Time - every time I shutdown the R6 the date and time reset to Dec 8th 2022, random time. I’ve reset it twice already. Any ideas?
Have you updated you device? Think this issue was fixed with the 1.11 update

Users who are viewing this thread

Back