HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Mar 22, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #407 of 1,511
Thanks that explains it, might upgrade firmware later today and try then.
I'd be curiuos to know if you run into the Audio Transport issues not playing bit perfect after the update like a few others of us have noticed.

Mar 22, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #409 of 1,511
I still can’t seem to get my unit to find 1.11. I already tried a combination of reboots, clearing update cache and forgetting, re connecting Wi-Fi network at home. Not that I’ve had any issues yet systemwide but I figure if it can’t find this update, it will probably find the next one.
Me 2, tried to update it now. Its no firmware update available. Current firmware 1.00_20221208-1926

Mar 22, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #411 of 1,511
Me 2, tried to update it now. Its no firmware update available. Current firmware 1.00_20221208-1926
Here’s a direct download link to version 1.11 provided by Hiby on their Facebook page. Don’t forget to clear the cache first.

“If there is still a problem with the online upgrade, please download the upgrade file from the link below.

1.11 (HiBy R6 III): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1H_G-_uh9SNFoXnpJNcDBo5RgM6Ygknh_?usp=share_link

Upgrade method:

Copy the zip file to R6 III's internal storage -> Go to Settings -> System -> Systems update ->Select "Local Updates" from the 3 small menus in the upper right corner -> Select the zip file you copied to the internal storage and update.”

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #412 of 1,511
Here’s a direct download link to version 1.11 provided by Hiby on their Facebook page.

“If there is still a problem with the online upgrade, please download the upgrade file from the link below.

1.11 (HiBy R6 III): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1H_G-_uh9SNFoXnpJNcDBo5RgM6Ygknh_?usp=share_link

Upgrade method:

Copy the zip file to R6 III's internal storage -> Go to Settings -> System -> Systems update ->Select "Local Updates" from the 3 small menus in the upper right corner -> Select the zip file you copied to the internal storage and update.”
Thanks!

Mar 22, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #413 of 1,511
well... the thing about formatting it as internal memory is it simply becomes part of your player's internal memory for most intents and purposes, so you can be using the SD card even if it says internal memory, for installed apps even, never mind music data. The real drawback, I think, other than "what if you DID have to remove the card or it gets removed by accident", is it's a quite uncommon config among users and in our testing, so to be honest you may be much more prone to uncovering bugs in the implementation. 😅
So I decided NOT to format as internal. I had read that the unit may factory reset if you for some reason remove the card, so I figured this was the safer route.

Is anyone else using streaming apps, with songs offlined to a SD card? I can’t be the only one…?

I am running into major issues: the exact same issues I had on my R5 II. The first few albums I try to offline will download fine. But eventually downloads will slow down to a crawl: about 10 songs per hour or less, in Tidal’s case. Qobuz is worse, now downloads just hang at 0%.

This is basically rendering the device useless with streaming apps, and it’s blowing my mind that I’ve had the same issue with 3 different Hiby devices for such a basic use case.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #414 of 1,511
So I decided NOT to format as internal. I had read that the unit may factory reset if you for some reason remove the card, so I figured this was the safer route.

Is anyone else using streaming apps, with songs offlined to a SD card? I can’t be the only one…?

I am running into major issues: the exact same issues I had on my R5 II. The first few albums I try to offline will download fine. But eventually downloads will slow down to a crawl: about 10 songs per hour or less, in Tidal’s case. Qobuz is worse, now downloads just hang at 0%.
I’ve been using a Samsung pro plus 512gb in my R6 III. I’m using it for my audio library for power amp, Tidal for offline storage and SoundCloud for offline storage. Few hundred songs on Tidal and a few thousand on SoundCloud. I had not attempted to format via the R6 III and I actually formatted on Windows as exFAT initially. I’ve had zero issues downloading everything. I did plug it in and let it do it’s thing with SoundCloud since a few thousands songs took it many hours to download.

Mar 23, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #415 of 1,511

This is basically rendering the device useless with streaming apps, and it’s blowing my mind that I’ve had the same issue with 3 different Hiby devices for such a basic use case.
No issue for me. Was able to download from Tidal normally. Although I've decided to use Tidal GUI to download the song from Tidal them store normally and use the HIby player as Tidal's offline library management is meh.

Mar 23, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #416 of 1,511

Hey mate,

I have done this with apple music and spotify. I had no issues with it. It did take a little while for apple music but that is also cause i was downloading around 195gbs of data from apple music. Spotify took about half an hour for the 40gbs or so

Mar 23, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #417 of 1,511
Does anyone happen to have the 1.10_20230109-1339 firmware they could make avialbe for download? I'd like to roll my firware back but can't seem to find the previous version anywhere.

Mar 23, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #419 of 1,511
Does anyone happen to have the 1.10_20230109-1339 firmware they could make avialbe for download? I'd like to roll my firware back but can't seem to find the previous version anywhere.
Unfortunately it's not possible to downgrade firmware on an Android, that's one thing we haven't been able to customize around. We can release a "upgrade" in the form of rolling back changes, if the issues are severe and an actual fix long in coming, but I'm confident it won't come to that.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back