HiBy R5 Gen 2 - Class A headamp, Dual ES9219C, 35h playtime, MQA 16x, open Android
Sep 29, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #931 of 1,076
At least you gave it a chance. It’s not as fast as your mobile device and since you’re seeking a source for your galaxy Bluetooth buds I recommend you use your phone. Mine was a bit glitchy at first but settled and has been good since. For a few hundred dollars it’s a fine player but I have balanced cable connections to my headphones and that sound clearly superior to any BT buds.

Oct 16, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #939 of 1,076
I've decided to give a second chance to this DAP, using it for almost a week now and suddenly the class A amp mode stopped working. On standard mode it works fine, but no sound is playing on class A amp mode, only some pretty loud klicks. I've found some discussion on Reddit about exactly this issue, there seem to be more people with that problem. Return it? Is there some workaround? That's pretty fast for a few hundred USD DAP to loose it's best functionality. I won't mention the strange freezes and resets. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Oct 16, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #940 of 1,076
I've decided to give a second chance to this DAP, using it for almost a week now and suddenly the class A amp mode stopped working. On standard mode it works fine, but no sound is playing on class A amp mode, only some pretty loud klicks. I've found some discussion on Reddit about exactly this issue, there seem to be more people with that problem. Return it? Is there some workaround? That's pretty fast for a few hundred USD DAP to loose it's best functionality. I won't mention the strange freezes and resets. Does anyone have a solution for this?
Honestly sounds like operator error. Every post here is a complaint about everything not working or less than your expectation. I love mine, once I updated it I haven’t had a problem. I’ve even learned to use the Hiby app to play HiRes on Tidal. I’m sorry it hasn’t worked better for you and hope you find a better solution.

Oct 16, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #941 of 1,076
FOr the early buyers like me, there were allot of bugs.

After the last update i haven't experienced much issue. It works well and sounds great.

Btw onkyo hf player destroys every other android music app. Sound quality is unmatched, I've tried pretty much everything else.

Oct 17, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #942 of 1,076
Honestly sounds like operator error.
I hope you are joking, right? Let me make this clear for you again - I've bought a device for few hundred USD and use it as everyone (I assume) would for FEW days. Suddenly one of the hardware functions stopped working, just like that, it was there, now is it gone. I can assure you, I didn't throw the device against a wall, nor haven't I immersed in water or so. Please be more precise here and explain, what operator error you mean, maybe using it at all? Or do you mean here, that "it works less than my expectation"? So what my expectation should be, I should be happy, that it works at all?

After the last update i haven't experienced much issue. It works well and sounds great.

The device was updated to the latest update on the first day. I don't question the sound (when A amp mode worked), it' sounds great and is a fine device, but still, the most praised function by the manufacturer doesn't work.

Oct 17, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #943 of 1,076
does the class mode not sound after connecting and disconnecting the jack? Does a reboot help?

Oct 17, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #944 of 1,076
It didn't work with different cables, different headphones/IEMs, all the time only that strange and pretty loud click (popping) sound after pressing play and inserting the jack. What also was strange, when the A class mode was on, every move of the jack inside the socket (3,5 mm, but the same happend with different cable on 4,4 balanced) could be heard in the headphones, turning the jack caused pretty loud "scraping" sound (sorry, but I cannot describe it better, I've heard every move of the jack directly as a sound in the earphones), on "standard" mode everything was fine. Many reeboots, power offs, resets, nothing helped.

DAP was off for a night and today after switching it on everything seems to work fine. I really like this device because of the size, sound quality, choice of outputs etc., but now I'm quite afraid, that something like this can random happen at any time without any cause. This time I had some luck and it works again after a night, but what if next time it won't work anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back