HiBy R5 Gen 2 - Class A headamp, Dual ES9219C, 35h playtime, MQA 16x, open Android
Jun 12, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #601 of 1,076
When I add to basket on hiby it automatically adds taxes taking the price from £360 to £425 or so
Didn't do that for me. I did order day they went live with early discount offer and paid with PayPal.

Screenshot_20220612-232603_Email.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #602 of 1,076
U.K. buyers… where would you recommend purchasing from? Preferably somewhere that either applies import and tax an checkout or otherwise doesn’t leave me with an unexpected bill on delivery?

Looking to upgrade my A105 and need more power, MQA (tidal streaming) and better battery. Think the R5-2 delivers from what I’ve read…

When I add to basket on hiby it automatically adds taxes taking the price from £360 to £425 or so

...Isn't that exactly what you wanted?

edit: so no. I tried checking out with an address in the UK and could not replicate your issue. I'm currently looking at a total of 459usd inc shipping, which is in USD. I've checked with headquarters, they are not charging tax before the sale so there may be tax chargeable when the parcel lands but the total should not be 425 gbp, don't know what's happening there.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 13, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #603 of 1,076
...Isn't that exactly what you wanted?

edit: so no. I tried checking out with an address in the UK and could not replicate your issue. I'm currently looking at a total of 459usd inc shipping, which is in USD. I've checked with headquarters, they are not charging tax before the sale so there may be tax chargeable when the parcel lands but the total should not be 425 gbp, don't know what's happening there.
So I tried again this morning, using different WiFi and it’s working as you say above. Must be an issue with my internet connection at home. Weird.

Jun 15, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #606 of 1,076
Any Amazon HD users here? When I first received the unit the pause, go back one song and go forward one song commands were working via the buttons on the right side of the unit.

Now with the latest firmware and the latest OTA update from Amazon, the buttons don't work. Just wondering what might be going on and how it can be put back the way it was.

Jun 15, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #607 of 1,076
Any Amazon HD users here? When I first received the unit the pause, go back one song and go forward one song commands were working via the buttons on the right side of the unit.

Now with the latest firmware and the latest OTA update from Amazon, the buttons don't work. Just wondering what might be going on and how it can be put back the way it was.
I don’t use Amazon hd but the button controls got wonky for me with Apple Music after the recent firmware update. They work just fine until your song is paused for say over 10 seconds or so. Then the play/skip/reverse buttons no longer work. It’s almost like they are going to “sleep” when the music is paused for a bit. Also my double tap to wake the screen barely works anymore. These functions all worked fine until the recent update

Jun 15, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #608 of 1,076

Yep, exactly same for me. Preferring Tidal at the moment.

Controls still work fine with Tidal, Spotify & UAPP.

My double tap still works but think I need to do it quicker.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #609 of 1,076
I don’t use Amazon hd but the button controls got wonky for me with Apple Music after the recent firmware update. They work just fine until your song is paused for say over 10 seconds or so. Then the play/skip/reverse buttons no longer work. It’s almost like they are going to “sleep” when the music is paused for a bit. Also my double tap to wake the screen barely works anymore. These functions all worked fine until the recent update
Can we go back to a previous firmware? I wonder if that could be a good temporary fix. If we can, where do I find the previous firmware?

Jun 15, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #610 of 1,076
Our review of the new R5 Gen 2 is now published. A good all-rounder mid-fi DAP with a nice Class A amp performance.

https://headfonics.com/hiby-r5-gen-2-review/

1654944567476.png
I like Headfonics but it's an elitist site. The more it costs the better the review. Fact is, if we had endless incomes we'd buy the most expensive and be happy. But instead we're buying what were willing to spend and either loving it or justifying it with excuses.

Jun 16, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #611 of 1,076
Hi,

Could anyone please let me know if they have compared Fiio M11 Plus ESS with Hiby R5 Gen 2, I know it's bit of an unfair comparison because Fiio is way expensive than Hiby but for the extra premium I would pay.. I would get Android 10, Newer processor, bigger battery and Bluetooth 5.0.. but none of this will matter if sound wise Hiby is superior especially with Class A amp... I previously had Hiby R3 Pro Saber.. which was fantastic with Saber DAC but given that more and more albums are coming to streaming apps and streaming services like Apple Music is offering CD Quality/Hi-Res audio I sold off my R3 and now looking for an Android DAP which can play Apple/Tidal with CD Quality/Hi-res enabled.. my primary headphones is MSR7B using with 4.4mm balanced cable..

I know sound is a very subjective matter but I would really appreciate if anyone can give their own opinion on Fiio M11 Plus ESS vs Hiby R5 Gen 2.. will help me somewhat make up my mind on which DAP to go for..

Thanks in advance !!

Jun 16, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #613 of 1,076
Hi,

Could anyone please let me know if they have compared Fiio M11 Plus ESS with Hiby R5 Gen 2, I know it's bit of an unfair comparison because Fiio is way expensive than Hiby but for the extra premium I would pay.. I would get Android 10, Newer processor, bigger battery and Bluetooth 5.0.. but none of this will matter if sound wise Hiby is superior especially with Class A amp... I previously had Hiby R3 Pro Saber.. which was fantastic with Saber DAC but given that more and more albums are coming to streaming apps and streaming services like Apple Music is offering CD Quality/Hi-Res audio I sold off my R3 and now looking for an Android DAP which can play Apple/Tidal with CD Quality/Hi-res enabled.. my primary headphones is MSR7B using with 4.4mm balanced cable..

I know sound is a very subjective matter but I would really appreciate if anyone can give their own opinion on Fiio M11 Plus ESS vs Hiby R5 Gen 2.. will help me somewhat make up my mind on which DAP to go for..

Thanks in advance !!
I heard M11 pro and Hiby R5ii and for me it also depend on which music gerne you listen. M11 pro for very complex fast passage like big orchestra piece. If you don't need that i think Hiby will be fine but for Hiby i hear some glitch while listenning music. Something like sound stutter sticky a bit while playing. I also need to buy a Dap now, my choice is M11 plus ess if i have more money i think will be Dx300/320 or M17.

Jun 16, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #614 of 1,076
Anyone used HD600 with R5?
I've just ordered r5g2 mainly to use it with AKG k371 and Starfields, but from time to time I'm going to connect hd600.

Any thoughts?

Not 600, but 650 here. I usually set to high gain and the max volume i go is 40 out of 100.
I heard M11 pro and Hiby R5ii and for me it also depend on which music gerne you listen. M11 pro for very complex fast passage like big orchestra piece. If you don't need that i think Hiby will be fine but for Hiby i hear some glitch while listenning music. Something like sound stutter sticky a bit while playing. I also need to buy a Dap now, my choice is M11 plus ess if i have more money i think will be Dx300/320 or M17.
Sticky? How eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back