Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Feb 11, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #1,276 of 2,094
Sorry I should have given more details. I'm trying to connect my closed back headphones (Campfire Cascade) directly to the balanced input of the R3. The balanced cable I have for the headphones is a 4 pin XLR and I bought an XLR to 2.5mm balanced
adapter. So far that has not worked and I have another adapter coming so I can verify if it's the adapter, cable, or unit. :)

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #1,277 of 2,094
Sorry I should have given more details. I'm trying to connect my closed back headphones (Campfire Cascade) directly to the balanced input of the R3. The balanced cable I have for the headphones is a 4 pin XLR and I bought an XLR to 2.5mm balanced
adapter. So far that has not worked and I have another adapter coming so I can verify if it's the adapter, cable, or unit. :)
May need to check if the wiring of the 2.5mm to 4pin xlr has the correct wiring. Did not see an XLR cable at Campfire site; may have missed it.

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #1,278 of 2,094
This may sound silly, but I have in the past not pushed a 2.5mm in far enough to make all the connections.... Did the same with a 4.4mm once too...

Feb 12, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #1,279 of 2,094
Anyone knows why Amazon Music HD under win 10 see R3 Pro only capable of 24/48 and not 24/192?

Feb 12, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #1,280 of 2,094
This may sound silly, but I have in the past not pushed a 2.5mm in far enough to make all the connections.... Did the same with a 4.4mm once too...
Ok, apparently this was not a silly question at all, I tried again and this time made sure to push in 'more' and it works! Why I didn't get this to work before is beyond me but hey it works! Thanks for the straight forward but helpful suggestion.

Feb 12, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #1,281 of 2,094
Ok, apparently this was not a silly question at all, I tried again and this time made sure to push in 'more' and it works! Why I didn't get this to work before is beyond me but hey it works! Thanks for the straight forward but helpful suggestion.

2.5 is a much tighter connection than 3.5. You really have to push it in!

Feb 14, 2021 at 11:33 PM Post #1,283 of 2,094
Hello,
can I connect this DAP to an iFi iDSD Diablo? I want to use the DAP on the go and at home as a Source.

Thank you and stay safe!
Yes, via a USB extension cable or the coax conversion cable (available separately)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 15, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #1,284 of 2,094
First hours with R3 Pro Saber and I'm absolutely amazed. My Sony IER-Z1R sounds terrific with this little device. I have found some drawbacks, maybe could solve with a firmware upgrade:

- I can only adjust volume on BT mode through it's specific options.

- While playing a track it only shows a fragment of title, the text isn't scrolled to display it in full. Very annoying with classical music.

- The covers. As I've been using a Sony WM1A, I've adapted my albums to it's particular mode of attaching covers. Now, many of them, don't appear on Hiby.

Feb 15, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #1,286 of 2,094
@Joe Bloggs, do you think it would be possible for Hiby to add support for Shoutcast *.pls URL's in the custom radio.txt?
Right now, radio.txt only works with *.mp3 or *.m3u8 URL's, while most Shoutcast URL's are *.pls (or sometimes *.m3u which also seems to be filtered out)

I like my Hiby R3 Pro a lot, but it would be nice if I could listen to my favorite internet radio station once in a while (which happens to use Shoutcast)

Feb 16, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #1,287 of 2,094
I have read in a post that 600x600 embedded covers give no problem. It will be that most of my covers are not seen because they are almost all at 800x800? I want to shoot myself ... Is there a method to massively reduce the resolution of all those covers? There are many TB of music:sweat:

Feb 16, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #1,288 of 2,094
I have read in a post that 600x600 embedded covers give no problem. It will be that most of my covers are not seen because they are almost all at 800x800? I want to shoot myself ... Is there a method to massively reduce the resolution of all those covers? There are many TB of music:sweat:

If the cover art isn't there when I move files to the sd card for my Hiby R3 Pro, I sometimes search Google for a 500x500 jpg, then download it... usually, I rename it cover.jpg, and put it in the same folder as the downloaded album. A bit tedious, and not really necessary, but what the heck...

Feb 16, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #1,289 of 2,094
@Joe Bloggs, do you think it would be possible for Hiby to add support for Shoutcast *.pls URL's in the custom radio.txt?
Right now, radio.txt only works with *.mp3 or *.m3u8 URL's, while most Shoutcast URL's are *.pls (or sometimes *.m3u which also seems to be filtered out)

I like my Hiby R3 Pro a lot, but it would be nice if I could listen to my favorite internet radio station once in a while (which happens to use Shoutcast)
Mp3tag can do this pretty easily so fret not. Mp3tag is an audiophiles best friend as it can patch tag all your music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back