Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Jun 10, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #646 of 2,070
Do you work for Hiby?

No, i am a structural engineer ! Bought the R3ProS on day 1.

Best of all, I only paid the 20 CAD$ of duty. DHL forgot to charge me taxes !

Still waiting for the SDCard to show up today.

I only tested the R3ProS in DAC mode from USB connection to computer so far.

The source were 24 bit Flacs of
- Low Roar - Ross (2019) and
- Ben Frost - Dark - Cycle 1
- Max Richter - The Leftover

I am not an audiophile in a sense i discovered this world only 1 week ago when my ipod died so it is difficult to describe it with all the signature wording, warm, analytical, etc... but if i had to describe my first reaction is : Sound good but it misses bass in my taste. Some Reviews seem to indicate that DAC mode sound different from source from SD Card.

Will update when SDCard arrive !

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #647 of 2,070
Having read so many user feedback about customs problems/surcharges in Canada, you are indeed a rare case. Congratulations!

Jun 10, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #649 of 2,070

I am not an audiophile in a sense i discovered this world only 1 week ago when my ipod died so it is difficult to describe it with all the signature wording, warm, analytical, etc... but if i had to describe my first reaction is : Sound good but it misses bass in my taste. Some Reviews seem to indicate that DAC mode sound different from source from SD Card.

I'm no audiophile, either (my ears are too old). I purchased the R3 Pro to replace my 7th gen iPod Classic because I got tired of fooling with it, updating it, etc. With the array of headphones I have (Koss Porta Pros <---> Meze 99 Noir), I'd say the bass is better when listening to my own music collection on the R3 Pro than it was on the Classic.

Jun 10, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #650 of 2,070

You have the saber version? Because the sabre-saber version still shows pre- order here in the states. And you can fix that bass up easily with the mseb. Move the sliders of bass- deep and bass thumpy to the right, try like a value of +10 first.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #651 of 2,070
You have the saber version? Because the sabre-saber version still shows pre- order here in the states. And you can fix that bass up easily with the mseb. Move the sliders of bass- deep and bass thumpy to the right, try like a value of +10 first.

Yes. I it available since June 1 on Hiby Online Store.

MSEB dont seem accessible when in DAC mode.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #652 of 2,070
Yes. I it available since June 1 on Hiby Online Store.

MSEB dont seem accessible when in DAC mode.

Oh no it isn't, sorry you're getting straight digital out of the USB. Wasn't thinking DAC mode is probably going to be more neutral than your ipod was. It should sound different straight through the player headphone outs.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #657 of 2,070
local (card with lossless/hi res files) > usb dac > bt

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #659 of 2,070
Musicteck.com is an official dealer. Great place, Andrew is tops to deal with. That's who sells on Amazon if you don't want to wait
good to know for future reference, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back