HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Sep 17, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #511 of 872
I see UAT is described as:

UAT (Ultra Audio Transmission) is a Hi-Res Bluetooth codec independently researched and developed by HiBy Music. Supporting an industry-first 192kHz sample rate and 1.2Mbps bitrate.

I don’t get how it can differentiate between TWS and non TWS. Does not really make sense. Not sure if @HiByMusic or @Joe Bloggs can shed some light here?

Sep 17, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #512 of 872
I see UAT is described as:

UAT (Ultra Audio Transmission) is a Hi-Res Bluetooth codec independently researched and developed by HiBy Music. Supporting an industry-first 192kHz sample rate and 1.2Mbps bitrate.

I don’t get how it can differentiate between TWS and non TWS. Does not really make sense. Not sure if @HiByMusic or @Joe Bloggs can shed some light here?
Well, since each earpiece of TWS earphones receive the audio stream for its channel independently, that calls for the Bluetooth output to be completely different from if it were received by one Bluetooth receiver to be decoded and passed to both earphones...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 17, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #513 of 872
Well, since each earpiece of TWS earphones receive the audio stream for its channel independently, that calls for the Bluetooth output to be completely different from if it were received by one Bluetooth receiver to be decoded and passed to both earphones...
Understood, though I suggest the specs / marketing material be amended to reflect this. Right now all the UAT capable devices (DAPs, amps, etc.) just state "UAT", nothing about differentiating between UAT and UAT TWS. So there is no way of knowing whether you will actually be able to use UAT with your TWS IEMs unless.

The R2 and WH2 would be a great partnership for portable audio but, at least in current guise, not ideal if you are looking to maximize audio quality.

Sep 18, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #514 of 872
What I am experiencing may stem from my clicks on touchscreen being not executed. What I mean is sometimes I click on screen to navigate and it freezes now and then. Once it freezes, there is very little chance that my clicks will execute some time later. No. The screen freezes (but music continues) and I have to shutdown it manually. Which is frustrating.

Replying to myself here but I am also having bluetooth connection difficulties with my Hiby R2 (no problem with other devices) that I previously ignored but it is getting worse. It could be my faulty HibyOS or something wrong with the R2 itself. I have tried factory reset but to no avail. @Joe Bloggs is there any way to hard reset my device?

When there are no auto-reset ie HibyOS is stable, there are frequently audio lags with my Hiby WH2 earbuds which became a heavy burden at this point. Sometimes it plays smoothly for 30 min or so but sometimes lag is so unstable that it becomes torture. I tried low quality codecs, individual earpiece connection (ie no pairing) but to no avail.

Sep 29, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #515 of 872
Hi everyone, i have a concern about bit-perfect on Hiby R2. I stick R2 with NX4 (as DAC), so R2 now is a transport. But Dunu SA6 would be too loud even on the smallest step volume on NX4. So i turn down volume on Hiby R2 (from 100 down to 70). My question is: is it still in bit-perfect mode? And how bit-perfect mode on Hiby R2 work?

Oct 12, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #516 of 872
I decided to buy this, now I'm waiting for it to arrive. I'm hoping it'll be a good replacement on my fiio M3 pro. That was a good player but it's UI is way too sluggish, especially when rebuilding it's media library. It tended to freeze a lot when doing so, too. I'm hoping the Bluetooth won't be so bad that I can use it at work / in car, since that's really only when I use it. Has anyone tried connecting the Bluetooth to a car stereo?

Oct 14, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #517 of 872
My Hiby R2 has arrived for my second system. I'm really enjoying him. Good stability on wifi and bluetooth. I put this pedestal to better your signal and it worked.

Hiby R2

In the future, updated photos. I moved the base of R2 in position and raised the height.

Playing all file formats plus Tidal Master (MQA) and Qobuz.

Oct 14, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #521 of 872
The UAT codec, are Hiby's rights. Therefore, it works on Hiby devices or devices that have a license, such as SMSL SU9. Here, broadcasting at 192 kHz 1.2, the audio quality is excellent.

Yes! On R2, change the configuration from output to line and connect an RCA 1X2 cable. Here, I connected a Canare 1X2 RCA with great results to my integrated Denon PMA 2000 IVR.
Thanks! I agree the lineout was great. I stacked it with FiiO A5 while listening to ER2XR. It was an awesome experience.

Oct 14, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #522 of 872
I have had my R2 for a week or so now....very happy with it, but was wondering if anyone else has tried to use UAT 1.2M with a Hiby W3S? Everytime I try this combination I get terrible distortion/artefacts. Switching to UAT 900 or LDAC fixes it.

I dont have any music better than 16-bit 44.1khz FLAC atm but it would be nice to have the option for when I finally buy some high-res stuff.

Oct 16, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #523 of 872
I have had my R2 for a week or so now....very happy with it, but was wondering if anyone else has tried to use UAT 1.2M with a Hiby W3S? Everytime I try this combination I get terrible distortion/artefacts. Switching to UAT 900 or LDAC fixes it.

I dont have any music better than 16-bit 44.1khz FLAC atm but it would be nice to have the option for when I finally buy some high-res stuff.
I was about to ask a similar question. I am also getting distortion using my WH2.

Using offline files from an SD card seems to be fine (though I believe the R2 only supports UAT and not UAT TWS so the I only get is LDAC). When I try stream from Tidal, that’s when it becomes a problem. It’s as if it cannot handle the WiFi stream and Bluetooth stream simultaneously.

I’ve tried the WH2 on my phone and R8 and both work perfectly with no artifacts.

Oct 16, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #524 of 872
I was about to ask a similar question. I am also getting distortion using my WH2.

Using offline files from an SD card seems to be fine (though I believe the R2 only supports UAT and not UAT TWS so the I only get is LDAC). When I try stream from Tidal, that’s when it becomes a problem. It’s as if it cannot handle the WiFi stream and Bluetooth stream simultaneously.

I’ve tried the WH2 on my phone and R8 and both work perfectly with no artifacts.
I am using FLAC from the MicroSD, a little experimentation I found that it seems to be a range/line of sight related thing. If I have the W3S next to the R2 it is ok, but if its a little distance away I get distortion, if it is not in line of sight I get distortion.

I have not tried to stream Tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back