HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Dec 18, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #346 of 872
Dec 23, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #347 of 872
still waiting
my was shipped october 20th
currently "in processing" somewhere
don't remember Aliexpress taking as long
probably covid+the holidays

i had the worst experience early this year @ 89 days!
just 1 day short of filing a dispute...

Dec 29, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #348 of 872
Hi,
Just got the R2 and couldn't find the internet radio function. Contacted Hiby, and they have said that each station has to be entered manually in "custom radio" in the playlist section. A bit pointless when you want to scan all of what internet radio has to offer. Looks like it's back in the box and sell on for this R2

Dec 29, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #349 of 872
Hi,
Just got the R2 and couldn't find the internet radio function. Contacted Hiby, and they have said that each station has to be entered manually in "custom radio" in the playlist section. A bit pointless when you want to scan all of what internet radio has to offer. Looks like it's back in the box and sell on for this R2

Wait, you only got R2 for its internet station functionality? It's not an android device, it's a Unix device with a wifi where you can tap into some "android" functionality like a custom cut down streaming of Tidal and Qobuz or being able to access internet streaming radio stations if you provide url to it.

There is so much more to R2, without sounding too cliché, it is literally the Swiss army knife of functionality in one tiny device. But if internet radio station is your only requirement, you will need android device with access to Google Play store to find corresponding apps.

Dec 29, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #350 of 872
Hi,
Don't give up! It's not as awkward as it sounds. You don't have to manually enter the stations into a playlist - you download a text file listing the stations and put it at the top of your SD card with the name "radio.txt". Then, after a database update (I think), the playlist "Custom radio" appears under the Music menu -> Heart -> Playlists. I downloaded my copy of this file from some other thread on this forum site - forget where - and then I trimmed it down to just the stations I thought I'd want to listen to. Otherwise, scrolling through hundreds of stations does get tedious. But it works! This how radio is handled on the R3/R3 Pro as well.

BTW you can also put other text files at the top of the SD card, and they'll appear in the Books section. Reading actual books on the R2 probably wouldn't be a great experience, but I use it for small text files that I might want to refer to while using the device - like what the different options mean for the USB modes, for example. Another example: I have a couple of albums where the songs are the same but were given different names. I keep a list of how they correspond in a small text file, in case I'm listening and need to remind myself which is which. It's handy for that kind of thing.

Dec 29, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #352 of 872
Don't give up! It's not as awkward as it sounds. You don't have to manually enter the stations into a playlist - you download a text file listing the stations and put it at the top of your SD card with the name "radio.txt". Then, after a database update (I think), the playlist "Custom radio" appears under the Music menu -> Heart -> Playlists. I downloaded my copy of this file from some other thread on this forum site - forget where - and then I trimmed it down to just the stations I thought I'd want to listen to. Otherwise, scrolling through hundreds of stations does get tedious. But it works! This how radio is handled on the R3/R3 Pro as well.

BTW you can also put other text files at the top of the SD card, and they'll appear in the Books section. Reading actual books on the R2 probably wouldn't be a great experience, but I use it for small text files that I might want to refer to while using the device - like what the different options mean for the USB modes, for example. Another example: I have a couple of albums where the songs are the same but were given different names. I keep a list of how they correspond in a small text file, in case I'm listening and need to remind myself which is which. It's handy for that kind of thing.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hiby-r3-pro-portable-bluetooth-dap.916299/post-15667336

Jan 2, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #355 of 872
re: Hiby Radio
re: radio list
save as radio.txt on root, and it loads under playlists -> custom radio
The plain text file needs to have a .txt extension. Specifically, radio.txt
Make sure you did not accidentally save the plain text file as formatted text

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #356 of 872
ran into a problem trying to setup my new R2 for wifi to check for updates and streaming.
The password field won't let me type beyond 4 digits
anyone run into this?
Is there another way to link to my network?

Jan 3, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #357 of 872
How is tidal with mqa works with hiby R2 if I want to use an external amp?

Is it possible to use fiio k5 Pro with hiby R2 to play tidal mqa?
Yes they work very good. I use it with Fiio Q3 for my 300 ohm earbuds

Attachments

• 20210103_205306.jpg
    20210103_205306.jpg
    963.2 KB · Views: 0
Jan 3, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #359 of 872
ran into a problem trying to setup my new R2 for wifi to check for updates and streaming.
The password field won't let me type beyond 4 digits
anyone run into this?
Is there another way to link to my network?
@oneula I didn't have this issue either. I wonder, though, if you're getting confused by the keyboard on this screen. I certainly was! There's two keys that both say "abc". The one at the upper middle is the actual key for a, b or c. The one at the far left is for changing back to the alphabet keyboard when you've switched to numbers or symbols. I was tapping on that one to try to get an "a" and getting nowhere. If you're already in the alphabet keyboard, tapping that abc key on the far left seems to do nothing. I also found the presence of the big GO button at the bottom right, and the little tappable word Connect at the top middle to be confusing. I think GO didn't work for me, but Connect did - but I forget now exactly how I got that part to work. Also essential to keeping your sanity on this screen: tap the little eye icon to the right of the password field - that makes your characters visible so you can spot errors when there's still a chance to correct them. Good luck!

Jan 4, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #360 of 872
I got my son the R2 for Christmas.
Currently having a proper play with it for the first time.
It surpasses my expectation in terms of sound quality.

The UI is not particularly intuitive, but I suspect you get used to it.

I managed to get Tidal logged in and playing MQA.
The search functionality seems quite limited. I can't work out how to view albums when I search for an artist. It only seems to show tracks.
Can't even seem to search by album name either.
Am I missing something?
As a work around I can add an album to my collection using my phone, but then need to reboot the R2 for it to rescan and show up on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back