HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Nov 7, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #211 of 872
The R2 arrived yesterday. Very basic packaging and very sparse on accessories but it was expected considering this is considered entry-level DAP despite having very good audio features. I ordered the R2 along with FD1 amp and Beans earphones. I gave the earphones to my kid as I never had intentions to use them myself. The FD1 did not arrive in same package as R2/Beans which is disappointing albeit Hiby do state FD1 ships in November.

Initial impressions of R2 are audio-wise its fine as I expected it would be. Form factor is good and overall size is a tad nicer than almost equivalent Shanling M0. The touch screen however is spotty at best. It took several tries just to swipe and navigate between screens. I also find the big white sticker on the back with the serial number cheapens the look of the player. I began to peel it off with my fingernail but it’s really sticky and started to look like a mess. Will need to use rubbing alcohol or a hair dryer to remove so I left it for now.

For the price tho’ I really can’t complain. I may even buy more and gift them to music-listening friends/family.

Ha ha I like the beans more than ie800 and akt8ieii, gotta have a small body iem for my ears. As for the screen responsiveness, I think if I remember correctly the original r3 was improved with firmware. Although it's a bit worrying because I will be using it as a transport- which seems to act sluggish for a couple of people.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #214 of 872
Can anyone recommend a reusable clear sticky product to stack a dac with a dap? Like the magic sticker that comes with the FD1? I saw some audio purposed stuff on headfi but I can't find it again.

Nov 8, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #215 of 872
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #216 of 872
Can anyone recommend a reusable clear sticky product to stack a dac with a dap? Like the magic sticker that comes with the FD1? I saw some audio purposed stuff on headfi but I can't find it again.
Search for microsuction or nano tape and you should be able to find something that fits your needs for width and thickness. Here’s a clear one as an example.

Nov 8, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #217 of 872
Thank you both very much, I looked at the nano tape and some very small glue dots. I thought the dots might not hold and I thought the tape might be too sticky.

Nov 9, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #218 of 872
Ha ha :) slightly off topic again, but I hope hiby makes a balanced cable for the beans and it's exactly like the beans SE cable but well.... balanced.

I love the small connectors and the weight, flexibility, and thinness. My ears are sensitive so it's nice when a cable is that light and thin when worn over the ear. There seems to be a trend for thicker cables. I ordered a nice silver coated balanced one from Amazon, but it's 16 cores (wasn't paying attention I guess) and it's very bulky and heavy.

I'm not mountain climbing with it, just listening to music :wink: ok, er anyways back to r2 pro. Actorlife, I hope yours arrives stat!
:D https://store.hiby.com/products/2-5mm-balanced-upgrade-cable-for-hiby-beans :D

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 9, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #221 of 872
Ours are together, as mine was loaded at the same time. It's in Chicago now.
With the storm weather in Florida it might be delayed. Any movement? Hopefully this week.

Nov 9, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #222 of 872
With the storm weather in Florida it might be delayed. Any movement? Hopefully this week.

Appears to have cleared customs, it just updated, I had refreshed it this morning, and it listed that it had arrived at the airport on November 5th. While it just updated today, it actually shows it as having cleared customs on the 5th as well. But I track my shipments pretty obsessively, probably to an unhealthy level :D It didn't update until today, 4 days later. As I assumed final delivery would be by the USPS I tried plugging the tracking number in their system, it shows up in the USPS system (or at least some package with the same tracking number as my 4px package) as shipping label created, in Forest Park, GA.

Its 4px location is ORD (Chicago Ohare), and Forest Park is right next door to Atlanta Hartsfield, so my guess is that 4px is going to fly it to GA next to hand it off the the post office for delivery? 4px shipping is weird. Seems like it would make way more sense if it were handed off in Chicago than to fly it again. That assumes that all these locations are correct, maybe they just have an office in Atlanta and that's where the label gets created, but it will actually be handed off in Chicago? Who knows.

Nov 10, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #224 of 872
I own the R2 since saturday.
Someone has managed to have a orange led.

I have only green, blue or white led.

Thanks
Pictures????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back