Hiby FC6 - another R-2R USB dongle
May 10, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #451 of 467
I understand the theoretical basis you've outlined where a natural roll-off at higher frequencies occurs due to the characteristics of the sinc function.

Could you please provide more details about the equipment and methodology used for these measurements?
Precision in these measurements is crucial .

For clarity especially for other users who might join this discussion we are examining the characteristics beyond the typical audible frequency spectrum as there is no audible roll off in the NOS mode .
In short: very precise.

Oversampling, 32ohm load via E1DA Cosmos using RMAA.

Ivan has made one of the best ever ADCs with the Cosmos. RMAA has very detailed spectrum FFT size options.

I am afraid we are heading off topic again. Read this thread, page 7.

Enjoy the FC6, hope you don't get any glitches with it. I have to take care of many other things. Cheers!

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #452 of 467
In short: very precise.

Oversampling, 32ohm load via E1DA Cosmos using RMAA.

Ivan has made one of the best ever ADCs with the Cosmos. RMAA has very detailed spectrum FFT size options.

I am afraid we are heading off topic again. Read this thread, page 7.

Enjoy the FC6, hope you don't get any glitches with it. I have to take care of many other things. Cheers!

Yes we are going off-topic again 😂😂

and we may start to agree and disagree all over again 😖

I will check and also ask Hiby if they ever reply to see what they say.

I'll let you know if I obtain any further details or come across some measurements.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #453 of 467
FC6 NOS and OS:
1000082537.png

It is usually the OS mode that is more extended, at least with the RU6. The NOS mode (which I do like) looks for both dongles like a cassette deck frequency response (perhaps that's why I like it 😱).
1000082538.png
The FR measurements are courtesy of ClieOS
Thanks.
The importance is Cayin true to their customer: no hires label, statement frequency 20-20k +-0.5dB.
Myself I never care hires hype

May 10, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #455 of 467
You don't get the two golden stickers?! Noooooo, come on 🤦 I have already ordered a RU6...and now you tell me that...
You can peel off that label from other stuff then stick on Ru6 for peace of mind 😅.
I dont see any ads that Ru6 with hires label.
You may not mistake ordering. Remember to not make a mistake blow your ear with your IEM by a accidentally, it produce more than 4.2V output max capability (more than many daps)

May 10, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #456 of 467
You can peel off that label from other stuff then stick on Ru6 for peace of mind 😅.
I dont see any ads that Ru6 with hires label.
You may not mistake ordering. Remember to not make a mistake blow your ear with your IEM by a accidentally, it produce more than 4.2V output max capability (more than many daps)
I needed the stickers for my coffee machine which makes very high res noise.

Sorry for the off topic but my FC6 is sent back as it started exhibiting a painful issue. Suddenly making wild noise instead of sound when listening above 28-29. And with the Oracle MkII my wife needs to listen at 30 out of 31 it isn't powerful enough. For my Monarch it is about 28-29 so same thing unfortunately.

May 10, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #457 of 467
1000013984.jpg

My magic stickers can make anything Hires in a jiffy.

May 10, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #458 of 467
@Yanec
Issues, ohhhhh!

I wanted to ask for some measurements with version 1.7 as I can hear that the presentation of the treble changes in the highs with the Darwin Ultra filter and OS which to my ears slightly highlights the treble and makes it more refined , just wanted to know how it graphs.

Edit: Also I've found identical measurements online like yours but was measured with the version 1.6 and the 1.4 was slightly different than the 1.6 version.

Omg are you listening to music that loud?
I don't have the Monarchs Mk3 but I do have the Linsoul Jupiter x HBB which is at 22 ohms instead of 20, It's a refined version of the Mk3 and the Prestige LTD and I could drive them to screaming loud levels with my iPhone's dongle DAC imagine with the Hiby FC6 listening so loud.

Edit:
You also mean the Oracle mk2 which is rated at 11 ohms and requires no power whatsoever , I mean who’s listening that loud, for me for iems is more than enough.

By the way this device isn't perfect by any means as no dongle is perfect for me as are not there yet to complete with daps especially since my flagship IEMs are too good to pair them with it . However this device really stands out when I pair it with dynamic driver IEMs that’s why i like it so much even if you broke my heart with the roll off ☹️.
But you did well as you said, and showed the truth about it and I really thank you for that.
Also for the price I don’t expect to be perfect.

@TYATYA
As for Hi-Res it's not just about extending the high frequencies it's more about revealing details and decoding.
While Hi-Res audio often extends the frequency range beyond what standard CD quality captures the true benefit lies in its potential to reduce artifacts and provide a clearer more detailed sound within the audible spectrum which is usually from 30 Hz to 18 kHz max.

This enhancement of High res can make a significant difference even though no one can hear above 20 kHz even if the Hiby FC6 could extend to unlimited frequencies.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #459 of 467
While Hi-Res audio ...... reduce artifacts and provide a clearer more detailed sound within the audible spectrum which is usually from 30 Hz to 18 kHz max.
Do you ever think reverse?
Do you heard your device reproduce sounds with many audible flaws? I know the way and do to mine.
I do love playing 44.1 what ever the tracks are (88, 96,384...etc) since I audit the noise.
44.1 & dither =the best.

I said above, not just relate a cheap dongle(ah not cheaper than my ru6), it is true to thousands $ dap.

May 11, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #464 of 467
@TYATYA
As for Hi-Res it's not just about extending the high frequencies it's more about revealing details and decoding.
it's more about recording in pursuit of avoiding affect of low pass filter. Filter doesnt cut off really well at the right Nyquist frequency.
To use 44.1 engineers have small margin to cut point, but still not perfection. With 96 or 88 it is ensure to cut after 20Khz and if, any unwant ultrasonic comes to microphone will be recorded and also reproduce later by listener's device in CORRECT way(*)
IF play back device is near ideal or at least can handle 96k sampling frequency with low distortion ratio, then ultra sonic reproduced with music and does not affect musicality.
44.1 products are mostly digitally "copy" of a master 96.

* too hard for cheap products

May 11, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #465 of 467
Guys what is your favourite filter? And may I ask why and if it make a difference for you
For me is Darwin Ultra I like how intimate it get
For accuracy (as much as possible, never really transparent): Fast Normal, HDR:ON (improves the DR by extending its floor R2R suffer at zero crossings)

For euphonic character, (the reason to buy a FC6): NOS (meaning no filter), HDR:OFF That was my personal preference while I used the FC6 (gone faulty...)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back