Hiby FC6 - another R-2R USB dongle
Nov 27, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #331 of 417
I looked through our list of European distributors and found the FC6 available at the following:
https://audeos.pl/pl/searchquery/hiby+fc6/1/phot/5?url=hiby,fc6
https://zococity.es/search?q=hiby+fc6&type=product&options[prefix]=last

I believe it is sufficient to drive the K701, cannot comment on synergy in my position.

Thanks for the response.

As I see the first site does not use Paypal neither has euro as preferable option. And the second one does not use Paypal too.
Audeos is reputable shop, they do not use Euro as primary option as the shop is located in Poland, EU. They do accept PayPal.
Current price of 1299PLN comes to €299, there are BW coupons on top of that.
1701108445656.png

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #333 of 417
From Hifigo 180 euro...

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #335 of 417
Nessuna, la paga Hifigo. :wink:

None, Hifigo pays. :wink:

Nov 28, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #338 of 417
I ask kindly, I use a Xiaomi mi9t connected to the fc6, could having a different smartphone (newer or better performing) affect the quality? Would it be worth it? I use various streaming services
A thousand thanks

Nov 28, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #340 of 417
Is it in Europe? Are there any taxes? Seems to good to be true

Moreover can it be connected to an external amplifier? Been curious if FC6 can drive properly my HD600

yes, of course, it's in Spain, you have it at home for 3 days, I made the bank transfer and they were very quick to send it! Everything is perfect! As for connecting it to an external amp, I think it can be done without problems! ..300ohm is a lot, I'll drive it but I don't think you'll have enough energy!

Nov 28, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #341 of 417
I ask kindly, I use a Xiaomi mi9t connected to the fc6, could having a different smartphone (newer or better performing) affect the quality? Would it be worth it? I use various streaming services
A thousand thanks
I think mostly it depends on whether you can output bitperfect to it. Which depends a bit on the phone but also on the app you're using. You can e.g. use HiByMusic the app if for stored files, or TIDAL and Qobuz which you can log into through HiByMusic, and enable "Exclusive HQ USB audio access".

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 28, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #342 of 417
Penso che dipenda principalmente dalla possibilità di produrre bitperfect. Il che dipende un po' dal telefono ma anche dall'app che stai utilizzando. Puoi ad esempio utilizzare l'app HiByMusic per i file archiviati, oppure TIDAL e Qobuz a cui puoi accedere tramite HiByMusic e abilitare "Accesso audio USB HQ esclusivo".
I find only tidal
edit: found in the settings, the entry to change the service from tidal to qobuz, thank you very much, very kind

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-28-13-15-19-04_8f83af1a032c071f720056fb5c9cd25d.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-28-13-15-19-04_8f83af1a032c071f720056fb5c9cd25d.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #344 of 417
I think mostly it depends on whether you can output bitperfect to it. Which depends a bit on the phone but also on the app you're using. You can e.g. use HiByMusic the app if for stored files, or TIDAL and Qobuz which you can log into through HiByMusic, and enable "Exclusive HQ USB audio access".
hello again, I apologize for my ignorance, and for the inconvenience, I have a question, using hiby music, is the smartphone's DAC bypassed? and does the decoding go directly to the dongle?also the usb c to usb c cable that comes with the dongle and an otg cable?
Thank you

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #345 of 417
Your smartphone's internal DAC is always bypassed when using a Type-C (or any USB) dongle. The question is whether the SRC (Sample Rate Convertor), an internal software driver resampling process by the OS, is bypassed or not. SRC is designed to be always active when you are using the default audio driver provided by the OS, regardless of what music-playing app you are using. The way to go around it is to grant the app the USB exclusive mode to access the USB dongle drirectly, then the app will use its own audio driver instead of the OS's default driver (which involves SRC). Not every music-playing app supports exclusive mode, but Hiby Music does (so remember to select the setting for USB driver in the settings and grant it access when prompted). Other popular music-playing apps that support USB exclusive mode are UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro) and Onkyo HF Player

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back