Hiby FC6 - another R-2R USB dongle
Oct 17, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #272 of 417
Happy to report that both the RU7 and Hiby FC6 work perfectly with their bundled USB-C cables on my iPhone 15 pro max

Oct 17, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #273 of 417
what do you think about the comparison between these 3? I owned ru6 and now ru7...I think I would have preferred to keep ru6, and I'm thinking of exchanging ru7 for fc6, what do you think about it?☺️ thanks
FC6 sounds like an RU6 with more neutral tuning and less driving power. Some people think the RU6 sounds a little muddy in the lower midrange, and FC6 doesn't have that. I would keep the RU7 and also take an FC6 or RU6. RU7 is very different (but still nice) tonality than the R2R dongles.

Oct 17, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #275 of 417
L'FC6 suona come un RU6 con un'accordatura più neutra e una minore potenza di guida. Alcune persone pensano che l'RU6 suoni un po' confuso nella gamma medio-bassa, e l'FC6 non ce l'ha. Io terrei la RU7 e prenderei anche una FC6 o una RU6. RU7 ha una tonalità molto diversa (ma comunque gradevole) rispetto ai dongle R2R.

FC6 sounds like an RU6 with more neutral tuning and less driving power. Some people think the RU6 sounds a little muddy in the lower midrange, and FC6 doesn't have that. I would keep the RU7 and also take an FC6 or RU6. RU7 is very different (but still nice) tonality than the R2R dongles.
No drivers for me. RU6 = FC6 with a loudness button and more driving power. FC6 has smoother timbre, by a little. If you have IEMs or fairly efficient full sized headphones, the driving power may be irrelevant.
thank you very much for the reply, I had ru6 but I sold it before getting ru7, from memory I remembered it as fuller and warmer than ru7, ru7 feels more "neutral" and with less emphasis on the entire spectrum (again by personal ear)
What do you think? What differences do you hear between ru6 and ru7?

Oct 18, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #278 of 417
What would be the volume setting, for double amping ? To emulate LO ..
An old-school, pre-iPod LO is usually 2V, most iPods have LO at 0.5V. Mojo, IIRC, has its pseudo-LO sets at 3V. There is no actual hard definition of what LO voltage should be, and it also depends on what the amp is designed for, so it can vary by a lot. Disregarding all other factors, the best way to determine what volume to set for double amping is to see its THD+N vs. voltage output graph, but that will require the USB DAC to be measured by an audio analyzer first. For a general rule of thumb, most of the time you can get away by setting the volume just slightly under max volume, i.e. 58 or 59 over 60, 28 or 29 over 30, 97 or 98 over 100, etc.

For FC6 specifically, vol31 (*max) on NOS mode will give you around 0.66V while OS mode will give you around 0.5V. Enabling HDR will lower it slightly as well.

Oct 18, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #279 of 417
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/ROCSA/ROCSAEN.htm ( Diamond differential voodoo circuit..)

Dunno if its a good amp ..circa 2012~ $680 ..dude sells it for $320 ( good deal ? Or better tech, for same moneys nowdays? )

S/N Ratio

116db (Input Load 600 Ohms)
 ​
Output Level

36V RMS
 ​
Output Power (Only for headphone)
High Gain , 5VRMS input
25 ohm: 9W
60 ohm: 9W
100 ohm: 9W
300 ohm: 3W
600 ohm: 1.5W
Low gain, 5VRMS input
25 ohm: 4.5W
60 ohm: 4.5W
100 ohm: 4.5W
300 ohm: 1.5W
600 ohm: 0.75W​
Gain

7DB (LOW gain, XLR)

13DB (HIGH gain, XLR)​

Oct 19, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #280 of 417
1. Not with the latest firmware
2. They are oversampling filters, so yes
3. It increases the dynamic range of the output (as per the recording) but sometimes it causes issues with certain earphones, so you may try with it on and off
So I've got FC6, haven't tried it yet ( waiting for decent cable to arrive )
It seems I can choose filters on NOS mode.
Which is calmest/analogish?
Should I upgrade firmware ? ( I heard it doesn't work in exclusive mode with update ..but got HDR with NOS ) what if i use with win10? worth it ?
Do i need driver..it seems Hiby got driver on its website for FC6

Appreciated !

Oct 20, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #281 of 417
So I've got FC6, haven't tried it yet ( waiting for decent cable to arrive )
It seems I can choose filters on NOS mode.
Which is calmest/analogish?
Should I upgrade firmware ? ( I heard it doesn't work in exclusive mode with update ..but got HDR with NOS ) what if i use with win10? worth it ?
Do i need driver..it seems Hiby got driver on its website for FC6

Appreciated !
1. you can choose filters, but they only have effect in OS mode.
2. you can upgrade and downgrade firmware as you like on the FC6.
3. you don't need the driver unless you want to use it with ASIO

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 20, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #283 of 417
Appreciated !

So HDR at NOS mode sounds better ? any1 here?

What does ASIO improve ?

Sorry for being lame I guess ( Sorry ! )
HDR with NOS may yield higher dynamic range, unless you have a set that is problematic with the way HDR functions (in which case HDR may cause some high frequency interference)
ASIO is an exclusive audio mode, it was meant for pro audio recording, low latency etc. but some people also like to use it for HiFi. Windows' WASAPI exclusive audio mode now serves the same function in terms of getting bit perfect audio.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 27, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #284 of 417
wow, the earlier page of this thread is pretty "interesting"
thankfully I bought the FC6 and instantly flash the FW 1.06 so out of the box experience is great.

anyway, just wanted to give an impression on the FC6 before I make my full review of it.

I have both FC6 and RU7.
I found the FC6 with NOS mode to be more mid centric and intimate compared to the RU7, I do found bass of the RU7 to be more "grand" with extra slam compared to the FC6.

and with NOS mode I found the FC6 to be slightly warm compared to the RU7 with all to dsd256 (sound wise)

also power consumption on the FC6 is noticeably more efficient compared to the RU7.
Plugged to my Xiaomi 13T,
FC6 depletes 8-10%/hour
RU7 depletes 12-15%/hour

I also found the FC6 temperature to be more manageable compared to the piping hot RU7.

Now I'm still playing with OS mode and trying all of the available filters.

myself personally like the FC6 timbre more than the RU7, well sound is very subjective afterall

-littlenezt

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #285 of 417
FC6 is currently on a 50% off 11.11 promotion in many Taobao stores, if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back