Hiby FC6 - another R-2R USB dongle
Mar 19, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #121 of 417
Believe me I want to purchase this dac the only thing put me off is absence of 4.4 jack Because I don’t want to ruin mmcx connectors on my ie600 and ie100&400pro, Dunu SA6 & Olina SE (2 pin)… switching back and forth while using Questyle M15, Xduoo link2 bal max, Hiby FC4 not to mention OTE headphones barely working on those dongles probably not work at all on FC6 especially with its 100mw SE only jack. I don’t need another DragonFly Red which collecting dust past year or so cause same reason and Cayin RU6 is not an option since I have bad experience with that brand twice and only other R2R dongle is this one at the moment.
That is why I pissed off on Hiby right now 😄
A bit of the Hiby Topic - how is that Xduoo link2 bal max working for you?

Mar 19, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #122 of 417
A bit of the Hiby Topic - how is that Xduoo link2 bal max working for you?
Backup at work i case something went wrong with with M15 or FC4 (mainly used for outdoor) to avoid months for delivery and no quality music at all.

Something like FC6 should be alternative for M15 and parallel use in case I decide to purchase it or wait for maybe FC7 or something that have more power and/or 4.4

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #123 of 417
Backup at work i case something went wrong with with M15 or FC4 (mainly used for outdoor) to avoid months for delivery and no quality music at all.

Something like FC6 should be alternative for M15 and parallel use in case I decide to purchase it or wait for maybe FC7 or something that have more power and/or 4.4
Allright I see. I just ordered the Ibasso DC04 Pro instead of the Hiby...the difference in pricetag is just too big though they will sound differently of course.

Mar 20, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #124 of 417
Allright I see. I just ordered the Ibasso DC04 Pro instead of the Hiby...the difference in pricetag is just too big though they will sound differently of course.
There is no such thing as big price difference if you can afford it of course. If you really like music and you have time to listen and enjoy than spending bit more for better experience and enjoyment is always an option (just have to tweak your priorities :wink: )
Having said that there are subtle differences if you compare product in same price bracket and from time to time (and it’s rarely really rarely) there is one particular product which stands out from the bunch. Those are leaps in technology when yesteryear expensive components become cheaper and there is opportunity to put them in more economical devices to boost sales and profit.
Because as you know, as in any industry in this one particularly companies acted like narco cartels and everything is setup in advance from form factor through technology to price. So in this case we should not fool ourselves that we will get product that sounds like 300 usd for 100 usd even when there is some breakthrough in technology (read: they discovered something better that will sell better and make better profits of it) and be sure that they will “chop down” something for at least 2-3 generations to make an buffer till than those products are already sold out and out of the shelves.
So that’s the reality we live in these days that is how things work past 100 years or so :)

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #126 of 417
It has been almost a month since FC6 release and I really hope to see some firmware update soon. Hiby is happily showing off their DAP all the time while FC6 is almost forgotten

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #128 of 417
Mar 31, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #129 of 417
Among all the USB DACs I own, Cayin RU6 is my favorite and my daily driver and I wonder if there is any interest in having both RU6 and FC6.

I don't really mind the lack of balanced output on the FC6 as I would probably use it exclusively in a desktop setup and keep using my RU6 on the go.

The lack of a line out mode is a huge missed opportunity though.

I also wonder how FC6 process DSD compared to RU6.

Does it really use the resistor ladder to convert native DSD to analog or is there an auxiliary DAC chip dedicated to DSD conversion?

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #130 of 417

I also wonder how FC6 process DSD compared to RU6.

Does it really use the resistor ladder to convert native DSD to analog or is there an auxiliary DAC chip dedicated to DSD conversion?

It is impossible for a R-2R ladder to decode a 1 bit DSD signal natively. It will always need to be convert to PCM signal first before sending it to the R-2R, and it is always done by using a micro-controller chip, likely something akin to XMOS or FGPA type. This is how every R-2R DAC, including RU6, does DSD (or otherwise doesn't support it at all).

Mar 31, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #131 of 417
Here is the new FC6 V1.04 firmware that I downloaded from Hiby 's Chinese website, re-zipped for your convenience Didn't see Hiby English website has this yet. Unfortunately it only address MQA issue and I can confirm my previously reported clicking noise issue under Qualcomm 8 Gen 1 still persists.

Update Log: Improve Tidal and MQA compatibility

The firmware tool seems to be in Chinese only, but I included a translated 'readme' jpg to guide you. You can update it locally using the .bin firmware also included in the zip file or you can do the online update, both should work.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for any issue from using this zip file.

Attachments

• FC6v104.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #133 of 417
Hi All... I just bought Hiby FC6... I plugged to Samsung Galaxy TAB S6 Lite... it didn't turn-on... and I tried with Samsung Note-8, it also didn't works...

But when I plugged to DELL laptop and DAPs... it works...

Updated the Firmware V1.04... also didn't works...

Anybody can help me... Thank you...

Apr 6, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #134 of 417
Try a different cable first, if you haven't done so already. It is however likely the issue are on the Samsung side since it works with other devices.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back