HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Dec 25, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #226 of 614
It does seem to be a problem with Spotify when there is an ongoing thread about it from multiple users across multiple devices for two years.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/An...all-when-I-use-my-SD-card/td-p/5400773/page/2

Regardless I'm sorry about this.

The most recent suggestion given was to format the card within the player.

Also note that software issues are unlikely to be solved by exchanging the player. I would suggest to consider whether you can live with the issues in Android you encounter which may or may not be caused on our end, then keep the player for good or return the player for good.
Thank you for the heads up on the Spotify issue regarding SD Cards. If anything maybe I will just use this player only for my Tidal account as that does not seem to have any issue with the SD Card, and this player. Just have not had this issue with any of my other Hiby players, hopefully Spotify resolves this... I doubt it. :)

I have also noticed the Media Volume setting will default back to "10" after a reboot but does not if shut down clean and then boot back up. and at times it shows a max limit of "12" and other times "15" Has this been reported?

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #227 of 614
It should default to using the Artist field if Album Artist tag is missing.
I can't use Artists tab because many albums have different artists and it's annoying scrolling around.
Ok, that’s your view. I respect it, but will totally disagree: for me, the “Album Artists” view should lead to albums and tracks belonging to a particular album artist. I don’t want this view to be polluted by tracks that are not part of an album and have no corresponding album artist.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #228 of 614
Ok, that’s your view. I respect it, but will totally disagree: for me, the “Album Artists” view should lead to albums and tracks belonging to a particular album artist. I don’t want this view to be polluted by tracks that are not part of an album and have no corresponding album artist.
My Artist tab is polluted by tracks with different artists on an album. For example, a compilation album has different artists. I might use "Various Artists" as the album artist for these if there is no "lead" artist that put the compilation together. That way when I pull up "Various Artists", I can see all the compilation albums I have.

I guess I don't understand what sorts of tracks you have that are not part of some sort of album and no album artist.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #229 of 614
Use something like mp3tag or tagscanner?

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #230 of 614
I'm using Swinsian to go through my library to figure out which don't have album artists so I can fill them in manually.
I've just never had to do this before in any other player.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #231 of 614
I'm using Swinsian to go through my library to figure out which don't have album artists so I can fill them in manually.
I've just never had to do this before in any other player.
Which other players are you talking about? kindly share if you dont mind

Dec 25, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #233 of 614
Correct, to me these are tagging problems. I use mp3tag to fix whatever does not work for me.
guess I don't understand what sorts of tracks you have that are not part of some sort of album and no album artist.
Tracks I purchase individually… It seems more and more common for artists to release tracks that are not included in any particular album… until they groups them in various successive compilation albums.

Dec 25, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #234 of 614
Correct, to me these are tagging problems. I use mp3tag to fix whatever does not work for me.

Tracks I purchase individually… It seems more and more common for artists to release tracks that are not included in any particular album… until they groups them in various successive compilation albums.
Yes, but I still would want these tracks made by one artist to be able to be organized into one "album artist" so I can see all the single tracks made by an artist along with whatever other LPs and EPs they may have.

Then there are situations like where artists have Trios and Quintets or whatever; I'd like them all to be organized under one "album artist". For example, any Miles Davis Quintet albums, I'd like to be organized under the album artist "Miles Davis"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 11.01.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-25 at 11.01.27 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #235 of 614
Yes, but I still would want these tracks made by one artist to be able to be organized into one "album artist" so I can see all the single tracks made by an artist along with whatever other LPs and EPs they may have.
Ok, so you just need to populate the “Album Artist” tag. The “Album” tag can be Various or left blank (I forgot what Hiby Music does when the album tag is blank).
I spent a lot of time fine tuning the tags in my library… and I’m still not done!

Dec 25, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #236 of 614
Ok, so you just need to populate the “Album Artist” tag. The “Album” tag can be Various or left blank (I forgot what Hiby Music does when the album tag is blank).
I spent a lot of time fine tuning the tags in my library… and I’m still not done!
Yep, that's what I'm doing now for Hiby. It's a little tedious with with nearly half of all my 18000+ tracks missing "album artist" tags but it could be worse I guess.
Like I said, I've just never had to do this before in other players. Cheers.

Why would the "album" tag ever be "Various" etc.? Because Hiby may not display songs under an artist/album artist if it's missing "album" tags since artists/album artists are subdivided into albums?

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #237 of 614
Why would the "album" tag ever be "Various" etc.? Because Hiby may not display songs under an artist/album artist if it's missing "album" tags since artists/album artists are subdivided into albums?
I simply don’t recall what Hiby Music does in this case: you may have to do some tests with a few tracks/albums to understand Hiby’s logic. Hiby Music on the M300 is a well accepted player, so I think the navigation logic is pretty sound.

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #238 of 614
Ok, so I found out how to batch process tags that are missing the "album artist" field.
"load up all files in mp3tag, select all files
from mp3tag menu:
Convert > tag to tag
select format string popup:
FIELD: ALBUMARTIST
FORMAT STRING: %artist%
then hit OK.
Obviously test on a album or two before you do this to your complete collection as a batch."

https://community.mp3tag.de/t/artist-to-album-artist/18216

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #239 of 614
I am wondering to change my sony 106 to the Hiby M300!
Can anyone confirm if and/or when the aptx is already available in firmware?
Anyone knows which aptx will be supported? Only HD or also adaptive/lossless?

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #240 of 614
So do I need to rescan my library anytime I make changes to my library? I have a TB of music...

I am wondering to change my sony 106 to the Hiby M300!
Can anyone confirm if and/or when the aptx is already available in firmware?
Anyone knows which aptx will be supported? Only HD or also adaptive/lossless?
I think AptX is supported now according to the last update notes
Not sure which types

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back