HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Apr 16, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #601 of 610
I'm waiting to receive mine, with the reported UAPP issue of playback. What do people like to use for their library of music? It is my first DAP. I was hoping to experiment a bit, but reported issues of apps that arent Hiby Music have somewhat stunted my excitement a bit. I hope it isnt as bad as I am worried for.

BTW The FEB29 code still works on Hiby Music they never disabled it and I got 30$ off.

Thank you, reindex, fellow ウマ娘 enjoyer :thumbsup:

Edit: Okay I'm reading back in the thread now and I am seeing some people are actively trying to rollback fw or even not update fw at all? Because the sound got worse?

Ehh..

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #603 of 610
I think rollback is something you should be free to do. I'm fine with the latest version, but if you're flashing GSI to the main system, there might be some impact.
By the way, v1.00 has a bug in Fastboot or recovery (there's an issue where you can't flash without using fastbootd for img flashing).

However, you're gradually returning to a state of receiving updates, so if you're looking for v1.20, wouldn't updating up to that point be sufficient?
If I can use GSI or Magisk, that's fine with me.
Since the Android DAP has the Bootloader Unlocked, you can even restore it by simply flashing the normal boot.img...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #604 of 610
Those who are willing to build GSI or TWRP for the M300 are welcome to do so, and I also think HiBy should release the source code.
I think they should follow Sony's example and make it open source.

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #605 of 610
I'm waiting to receive mine, with the reported UAPP issue of playback. What do people like to use for their library of music? It is my first DAP. I was hoping to experiment a bit, but reported issues of apps that arent Hiby Music have somewhat stunted my excitement a bit. I hope it isnt as bad as I am worried for.

BTW The FEB29 code still works on Hiby Music they never disabled it and I got 30$ off.

Thank you, reindex, fellow ウマ娘 enjoyer :thumbsup:

Edit: Okay I'm reading back in the thread now and I am seeing some people are actively trying to rollback fw or even not update fw at all? Because the sound got worse?

Ehh..
Thx!
I was also involved in the development of Trainers' Legend G, so please take care of it.

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:08 AM Post #606 of 610
So I just received the device and I've set it to USB Transfer while being connected to my PC. I can't seem to get it to show up under File Transfer for some reason though. It shows up as a Camera device under PTP. Under File Transfer, it shows up under my device manager as QCM6125 which is a Qualcomm device, and I do not have the required drivers installed for it. Main issue now is that I can not get Windows to find these drivers either. So I dont really have any way of getting it recognized.

It also came with 1.30 pre-installed.

Edit: Works fine on laptop. So I need these QCM6125-IDP drivers that Windows apparently cant find on my PC, I guess
Edit2: Issue resolved.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #608 of 610
The M300 is having a problem any help appreciated. I downloaded the companion app to my AVIOT TE~ZX1. They are paired and working fine but the AVIOT Sound Me app is greyed out. Found Permission manager, allowed it in Music and audio, restarted = still greyed out. No problem with the app in IOS. Any settings I can check?

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #610 of 610
Hello, anyone had problems installing video streaming applications?.

I recently purchased the HiBy Digital M300 device on Amazon but I have issues when tried to play any application of video streaming.

-Netflix: Error code 500.-1006
-Disney Plus: aplication still running but screen turns black while in video can still hear audio
-Crunchyroll: same issues
-YouTube: this app works correctly
-Spotify and music players: No issues with this app, run ok
-Others: some video games run ok but without sound

I tried to fix but choose options not working:

-Factory reset on Android options.
-Recovery wipe data.
-Upgrade to versión 1.30 via OTA (update option).
-Downgrade to version 1.20 (fastboot).
-Upgrade again to full version 1.30 (fastboot).
-Change my Google account.

This device came with unlocker bootloader and any option to turn DRM play back. M300 isn't Google Play Protect certified and I dont know how to check Widevine support.

I hope for your help.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back