Hi, need help in choosing between Denon AH C300--ATH IM 50/70---RHA MA 750I
Feb 19, 2014 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

warlock07

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I lost my apple earpods last week and been in search of new in ear phones. After searching a lot of threads and |jokers| reviews finalized with 

Denon AH C300 - 50$

ATH IM 50 - 65$

ATH IM 70 - 100$

RHA MA 750I - 130$

I will be using these only for listening to music and watching movies in my nexus 4 and hp laptop. And i will be listening to all kinds of music,  but more inclined towads songs with sub-bass. Considering Denon AH C300  has a current groupon deal for 50$ i am confused on what to buy. The serious doubt i have is what details and clarity will i be missing in Denon AH C300  when compared to other three. So, is it worth spending extra 80$ (if it is 750i) . Can any one please suggest which one to go. And i will be using my earphones almost 12-13 hrs a day. And if any of the three gonna make huge difference in my listening experience by spending extra 80$ i am looking forward to go for.

Any help is truly appreciated..

Apr 19, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 3
  Hi,

I lost my apple earpods last week and been in search of new in ear phones. After searching a lot of threads and |jokers| reviews finalized with 

Denon AH C300 - 50$

ATH IM 50 - 65$

ATH IM 70 - 100$

RHA MA 750I - 130$

I will be using these only for listening to music and watching movies in my nexus 4 and hp laptop. And i will be listening to all kinds of music,  but more inclined towads songs with sub-bass. Considering Denon AH C300  has a current groupon deal for 50$ i am confused on what to buy. The serious doubt i have is what details and clarity will i be missing in Denon AH C300  when compared to other three. So, is it worth spending extra 80$ (if it is 750i) . Can any one please suggest which one to go. And i will be using my earphones almost 12-13 hrs a day. And if any of the three gonna make huge difference in my listening experience by spending extra 80$ i am looking forward to go for.

Any help is truly appreciated..

Have you ever listened to Denon C300? Coming from Apple earpods you just can't imagine if you haven't tested. 50$ is a DEAL, not the normal price. Though I had even more luck and paid mine a lesser price. What I mean is that you're not considering a lower tier pair of earphones but a high tier. Higher ends are techno-things like Melody Merlin, and trust me the price is way above everything you've listed. The use is not the same, also. How mcuh power do you need to drive 1 driverper ear? How much for 2? Now, what about 3, 4, 5? 

I don't know RHA MA 750i so I can't talk, but I surely don't see a pair of C300 losing against IM50 or IM70 in any departments if you talk about clarity and details. In terms of bass quantity, IM70 is supposed to have the more due to bigger drivers. IM50 are somewhat similar to ATH M50 in a tiny size. Neutral with a bassline. Denon C300 are tuned to be versatile and lively. Yet everything keeps crystal clear and separated. You'll never feel like you've plugged earphones in your ears. More like you've got either a pair of full size or like you're materializing your own clubbing room around you. These cans need the proper power to drive them, and the proper EQing also depending on what kind of sound you want from them. 

Don't rely on price only! You could miss a lot of surprises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back