Hi, I'm JDS
Oct 4, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #18 of 27
in my 10 years + in audio, ive never come across a more efficient and prolific custumer support team than JDS Labs.

im a proud C5D owner and i wont hesitate in purchasing another product by you guys, whenever that might be in the near future.
True that, I emailed them a few times about some custom options on a B-Stock O2 and they responded back extremely fast and were vary patient with me even on weekends.

I eventually bought a JDS O2 B-stock w/ custom options and I use it almost daily now!

I really would love to see JDS make something to compete with the Topping A30 in terms of size and outputs & gain selections. But without the high output impedance, maybe even allowing Op-Amp rolling like the A30 does.

I'd be the first person to buy and promote it lol

Oct 7, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #19 of 27
Holy crap! Hi JDS!

So I got into hi-fi audio via headphones about 10 years ago when I discovered head-fi and built my first cmoy. Then built another CMOY, a couple DIY DACs, and a couple Millett Hybrids. Then I lost free time for such things when I got a full time job, while also going to engineering school at night. So I kind of got out of the audio hobby for a few years until recently.

I want a better DAC than the one I have now. A couple days ago, I was looking for the best DAC I could find for $100ish used, and found the ODAC recommended a lot. I had heard of the ODAC before, but didn't really know the JDS labs name or anything about the company. So I looked them up...and to my surprise, you're in Collinsville, just across the river from my home in St. Louis! NO WAY! This little audio company that's making giant-killer DACs on a budget, has been doing so for 10 years, pretty much in my backyard, and I never knew about it till now!

So I plan to own one of your DACs very soon, and hopefully meet you and the rest of the JDS team in the future.

Cheers,
Kevin

P.S. is that demo room up and running yet? Also, do you make in-person sales or are you only set up for web orders?

Oct 9, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #22 of 27
Thanks, @pinkfloyd4ever. We raided the demo room for CanJam Denver over the weekend. Gear will be unpacked again by Wednesday.

It's best to call or email to confirm availability first. Stock shifts daily. Feel free to stop by!

Out of curiosity, do you play Fate/GO? jseaber makes me think of Saber at least a bit :darthsmile:

saber-fate-extella-32.2.jpg

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #23 of 27
Thanks, @pinkfloyd4ever. We raided the demo room for CanJam Denver over the weekend. Gear will be unpacked again by Wednesday.

It's best to call or email to confirm availability first. Stock shifts daily. Feel free to stop by!
The demo room is just available during regular business hours, right? Mon-Fri 9-5?

May 9, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #25 of 27
in my 10 years + in audio, ive never come across a more efficient and prolific custumer support team than JDS Labs.

im a proud C5D owner and i wont hesitate in purchasing another product by you guys, whenever that might be in the near future.
Service, support? They seem to me more like friends! I love to purchase from them. I may say that I am a JDS collector. They treat me very nice and their support is not only great, but also very fast. Keep your work as of until now...

Sep 4, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #26 of 27
Received ATOM Amp & DAC today. The electronics get out of the way of the music. No thumb print on the music as far as I can determine. I am surprised that there is not more activity on this forum.

Dec 6, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #27 of 27
Super old thread, I know... but had to stop in to thank you for what's sure to be a great improvement on the original Atom stack, my longest tenure with your wares.

Element III is the other full rotation amp, right by the bedside.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back