Hi everyone, got a question about clip-on phones.
Jul 22, 2010 at 9:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Parkinson

Head-Fier
i got a little bit of a weird question.
I owned a pair of KSC75 and than - following your advice - i sort of upgraded to Yuin G2A.
So...as a huge fan of sound and as a hard working man i naturally wanted to try something new and test my hearing ability again by buying a better pair of clip-on phones (its should be clip on cause i use them while in the bus and in my way to work and such...and i really like clip on).
but than a question jumped to my mind: where is the end of all of this ? how "good" headphones can be ?
cause to be honest, i'm pretty fine with my G2A, but i want to find new phones, i'm very curious about how good can sound be...but what is the point when i can no longer get the sound better (or at least not something which is worthwhile).

So actually i got 2 question here.
The first is: which pair of clip on phones you would recommend for someone who want to get upgraded from is Yuin G2A ? (The budget is not specific...just recommend me about something that will be noticeably better then my Yuin G2A).

and i hope you understood what is my other question from the first part of the post. :D

And i'm really really really sorry for my poor english.
If you feel you didnt understood my qustions, please say and i will try to re-explain.

thanks.

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 13
In this case, I think IEM will be a significant improvement in terms of SQ since you use them on bus and on your way to work. IEMs provide isolations that can help you enjoy your phones better. I can never get decent quality from ksc75 ouside home due to noises.

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 13
You need to specify a budget, otherwise your bank account will be gang raped.

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 13
I think he wants it limited to clip-ons only (on-ears without headband). None of the expensive phones are like that anyway.

I know Audio Technica has some but I'm not sure if they'd be an improvement over the G2A.

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 13
haven't tried the G2's.  After reading some stuff on the forums I went straight from the KSC75 to Yuin G1A.

There IS an improvement between the KSC75 and G1A, but with some serious reservations: the boominess of the KSC75 lends to better low-volume listening, and unless you're at a moderate listening level the G1A just sounds anemic.  You can tell there's better lower-bass extension, and the whole range sounds more natural overall, but even when loud it pales in comparison to fullsize cans / closed portables at a similar price range.  When you're in a quiet area (office, etc) the G1's are a good choice as far as clipons go, but even there I've moved on to lightweight portables (Beyer T50P in my case) instead.

For a bus ride, you got so much background noise that I'm not sure you'll get much out of a new clipon (I definitely do not recommend the G1A in this case per my experience above).  Either stick with what you have, or invest in IEMs/closed portables.

Jul 23, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #6 of 13
Well, i never liked IEM's for some reason.
Maybe cause i never found IEM's which was actually comfortable.
And i don't know why, i got the feeling the it is much harder to get a good SQ with IEM's compared to on-ear phones because of the lack of space between the phones and the hearing area...making the sound less..."wide" i'd say.
am i wrong ?
btw, i forgot to mention that my main genre of music is death metal and i really like to ear the treble loud and clear.
So, what would you offer me ?

thanks for the helping guys !

Jul 23, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #7 of 13
If you ask alex@apuresound.com hey may recable the KSC-75's for you? I have a pair a few years old and they are still very cool. Have a 75 ohm resister installed too.

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #9 of 13
Dude, they are a whole different animal. Search a few threads? Ask Alex? If you are Conus I can lend them to you to get a good opinion of them?

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #11 of 13
IEMs can actually have a very wide and spacious sound.
I don't know how much further you can go with clip-on headphones, there are some comfortable lightweight portable headphones out there, which i am sure will give you a better sound than the G1A, for example the aforementioned T50P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back