hi all
Oct 16, 2010 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

joemort

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I'm new here and new to quality headphones. I'm trying to do as much research myself so as not to hassle others with what could be simple questions. So I'd like to first off ask where I should look to become educated about different headphones and what uses they would excel at, etc, as well as matching headphones to an amp with enough output power. For example if i had some with 300 ohms how much power does it need in mW?

Thanks in advance for links you guys post, I'm rather interested in learning more about this.

P.S. I'm looking into some headphones for gaming and metal/rock music, so wanting good bass and excellent positioning, so if you have any links for that I'd very much appreciate it.

Joe

Oct 17, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #4 of 5
thank you. this is along the lines of what i was looking for. the search feature also is helping me a lot, oddly enough.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 17, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #5 of 5
One thing that I realized about quality headphones is that each link in the chain between the source and your ears must have the best quality you can afford. I have songs both in FLAC and in MP3 and once you listen though good headphones the difference is impressive... Beside your musical taste you should also consider your needs, you want to isolate the outside world, where you'll be using your gear and so... Take a lot of time checking out the forum, the amount of information you can find here is insane...  Good Luck,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back