hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central
Dec 17, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #301 of 713
I still need to play SS2.  I've owned it for years now, but can't work up the effort to play it when there are games like Isaac, Dark Souls 2, and MGS Revengeance around.  The same can be said for hundreds of other games I own.  I'm a bad video game dude.

I agree with your praise of Bioshock, btw; my issues with the games are more on a micro level.

Re: "Damn kids these days": Eh, some of them seem to get it.  Although that one girl who's all "this is supposed to be self-explanatory, but nope!" after not realizing how to shoot until 4 or 5 screens in terrifies me in that she might actually represent a future generation.

Having grown up with easier SNES games like Mario World and Mega Man X (the first one's pretty easy, at least. 2 is much harder), I often have trouble with NES games myself, but I occasionally just find myself in the zone.  True story: the first time I played Mega Man I beat it in one sitting without ever getting a game over and thought "what an easy game".  It's since been a total pain in the ass every time I've picked it up, though.

Dec 17, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #302 of 713
  I still need to play SS2.  I've owned it for years now, but can't work up the effort to play it when there are games like Isaac, Dark Souls 2, and MGS Revengeance around.  The same can be said for hundreds of other games I own.  I'm a bad video game dude.

I agree with your praise of Bioshock, btw; my issues with the games are more on a micro level.

Re: "Damn kids these days": Eh, some of them seem to get it.  Although that one girl who's all "this is supposed to be self-explanatory, but nope!" after not realizing how to shoot until 4 or 5 screens in terrifies me in that she might actually represent a future generation.

Having grown up with easier SNES games like Mario World and Mega Man X (the first one's pretty easy, at least. 2 is much harder), I often have trouble with NES games myself, but I occasionally just find myself in the zone.  True story: the first time I played Mega Man I beat it in one sitting without ever getting a game over and thought "what an easy game".  It's since been a total pain in the ass every time I've picked it up, though.

I have the same issue with video game backlog. My full backlog is probably 200 games, though I only have about 50 that I have any realistic plan to get to.

I'm old. My first favorite game was Asteroids. My first console was a Coleco Vision. I had an NES, but tended more towards Zelda than the action games. I did finish Super Mario Bros on one life though.

System Shock 2 is in my backlog. Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are also there. The games I'm currently actively playing are South Park Stick of Truth, Divinity Original Sin, and Diablo III. On the topic of great games that don't baby you, Divinity Original Sin is awesome.

Dec 17, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #303 of 713
Dec 20, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #306 of 713
Anyone else thinks mechanical insects are cool : http://www.mecre.ch/gallery/
22P1392053402_s.jpg

Dec 24, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #311 of 713

Dark Souls, and Revengeance? Time well spent IMO. You should get around to trying Bayonetta 2 as well. That game is hilariously over the top. I think DMC 3 still has the best mechanics IMO, and some really gnarly bosses, but Bayo 2 is really cognizant of that fact, so every other moment is sheer insanity in a bid to outdo DMC 3. My PS4 is awaiting the moment Bloodborne releases so I can have something to do aside from watching Netflix and playing Rocksmith on it lol 

As for beating Mega Man I in one sitting without getting a game over on your first try: 

LOL

I have the same issue with video game backlog. My full backlog is probably 200 games, though I only have about 50 that I have any realistic plan to get to.

I'm old. My first favorite game was Asteroids. My first console was a Coleco Vision. I had an NES, but tended more towards Zelda than the action games. I did finish Super Mario Bros on one life though.

System Shock 2 is in my backlog. Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are also there. The games I'm currently actively playing are South Park Stick of Truth, Divinity Original Sin, and Diablo III. On the topic of great games that don't baby you, Divinity Original Sin is awesome.

Definitely get around to the Shock games. SS II is incredibly full featured compared to modern games, and both Bioshocks are at the very least really ambitious in narrative scope, and rife with otherworldly ambience. Looking back, I'm sure you just had to have been there at the time, but taking in Rapture for the first time was most definitely a watershed moment of sorts for me. Very memorable locale. 

Dec 24, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #312 of 713
Merry christmas my friends!!!

Thank you for all the suggestions and help I've received in this thread. It's worth its weight in gold to me. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back