HF-2
Aug 31, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #946 of 1,149
Don't forget that the bowl pads also squish down over time, bringing the drivers closer to your ears and giving you more of the "flats" sound. Well-used bowl pads sound much better than brand new ones to my ears for that reason.

Aug 31, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #947 of 1,149
what is this grattle? I have a random occuring vibration on the HF-1s. And now sometimes on my HF-2s the right earcup does the same on some heavy or low bass notes. I do notice if I adjust or tap the cup it goes away.

Sep 1, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #948 of 1,149
You can search for 'grattle' and get lots of threads since it seems to have become a generic term for rattling in headphones. Basically a foreign object, most likely hair, gets in to the cup and rattles against the driver. Here's one thread that has the most common user solution: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/rat...r225is-422457/

Sep 1, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #949 of 1,149
Mine are on the way.
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #952 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Todd,
I got my HF2 before.
Thank you for the HF2 which gives me sexy voice!

Sincerely

QFT

edit: seriously, this has to be one of the best production recommendations I've ever read.

Sep 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #954 of 1,149
Calling all Grado experts here, is it advisable to wash the bowl pad to soften it or is it better to let it soften naturally by wear and tear? The HF2 sounds incredible but comfort could be better in my mind and softening the bowl pad would hopefully help in this matter.

Sep 2, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #956 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Calling all Grado experts here, is it advisable to wash the bowl pad to soften it or is it better to let it soften naturally by wear and tear? The HF2 sounds incredible but comfort could be better in my mind and softening the bowl pad would hopefully help in this matter.

I always take my Grado pads and put them in a bucket of warm water with clothes washing detergent and fabric softener. I squeeze the pads VIGORSOUSLY every few hours for a few DAYS. You won't believe the black crap that washes out of them. If they are Jumbos, I change the detergent/fabric softener solution out every couple hours because they have a ton of black stuff in them. Makes them a little softer, removes the scratchiness and gets rid of that "Chain Smoker" smell they come with.

Sep 2, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #957 of 1,149
Mine shipped on Monday, order 6052. Estimated arrival on Friday.

Sep 2, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #959 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always take my Grado pads and put them in a bucket of warm water with clothes washing detergent and fabric softener. I squeeze the pads VIGORSOUSLY every few hours for a few DAYS. You won't believe the black crap that washes out of them. If they are Jumbos, I change the detergent/fabric softener solution out every couple hours because they have a ton of black stuff in them. Makes them a little softer, removes the scratchiness and gets rid of that "Chain Smoker" smell they come with.

Jesus...talk about overkill. Have you thought about having some lesbian monks from the andes come by and make sure your stereo is aligned with your aura as well...
darthsmile.gif
Days? Really?

I say wear and enjoy. They'll wear in just fine...or wash in some soap for maybe an hour, rinse, dry, then enjoy if they are that uncomfortable to you.

Sep 2, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #960 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does washing them affect the sound of them? I'm assuming no?

No it doesn't, it helps to soften them up making them more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back