HF-2!!!
May 17, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #46 of 704
Hi Todd. I left a message on your phone Friday afternoon.

Did you get it?

Thanks dude.

May 17, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #47 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll definitely be keen to try them at Canjam. However, is it not somewhat impulsive for people to be placing preorders without having heard them or knowing much of anything about how they sound?!

I would not say so.
Cause I suspect most of those who have ordered are quite familiar with the Grado 'phones, and probably even the HF-1. So if they like the other Grado 'phones its quite safe to assume they will like the HF-2 as well.

Or else, they can also use the 30 day money back guarantee...

May 17, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #48 of 704
Ouch, $500CAD..
frown.gif

May 17, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #49 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch, $500CAD..
frown.gif

I concur...sadly : (

May 17, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #50 of 704
Thanks I just ordered mine, can't wait to see them. Um I got like 8 bucks off for signing up for the newsletter, I'm not sure if that is considered a discount but it basically paid for the shipping cost.

May 17, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #51 of 704
Per Todd's note below, the 2% discount does not apply to these cans, in keeping with the stated policy about there being no discounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for those of you who paid via PayPal - my website could not be adjusted for the 2% off for newsletter subscribers but that cannot be applied to this sale. I will send out PayPal request for the 2% back on Monday. It will not change anyone's position but again I cannot offer these with any of the discounts. Those of you who ordered with other items will still get the 2% off on those items.

May 17, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #55 of 704
I just ordered a pair of HF-2, and the shipping weight was listed as 3 lbs. Does that offer a clue as to whether the HF-2 might live in a SR325i-like Al shell, perhaps with an added sound chamber enhancement (like some ear-yummy wood)? I wonder if they have the SR225 standard copper or the SR325i / RS-style UHPLC coppper connecting cable?

The details aside (which I'm bristling with curiosity to know), given:
a) That this is another act of generosity and celebration with Head-Fi (coupled with how that worked out historically in the case of the HF-1 in terms of quality and value) -AND-
b) Todd's assessment (in the offering description on his website, having spent a good amount of time with it) that it is a very, very good headphone (coupled with the quality of product and the excellent "do unto others" treatment that I have received and have come to trust to expect from Todd)

- I go forward with only expectant anticipation, and no anxiety, confident that this is going to be one high-value, fine-quality listening instrument that I would not want to miss having in my collection (listening tool set).

This is a very exciting time to be into headphone audio!!!!!

Heartfelt thanks to all who have participated, contributed and just plain given and forgiven to make this offer to us at Head-Fi.

May 17, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #56 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope the housing isn't plastic as we're paying over $400 for them!

What, and spoil the opportunity for all of the Head-Fi artists and craftfolk to provide hand-crafted wood, metal and fiber/resin composite replacement part mods for them? ..... hmmmm ..... Come to think of it, no matter what materials the HF-2 is originally made from, the full spectrum of materials for replacement part mods and tweaks will be in play in the aftermath of the original shippings. ..... Carbon nano-tube conductor replacement cables .....

Can't wait - and yet, the anticipation is just TOO delicious.

May 17, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #58 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered a pair of HF-2, and the shipping weight was listed as 3 lbs. Does that offer a clue as to whether the HF-2 might live in a SR325i-like Al shell, perhaps with an added sound chamber enhancement (like some ear-yummy wood)?

Good catch, there!
smily_headphones1.gif

I was just reading about the RS-1 and remember seeing that they weigh 9 oz. With the pizza box, that might come to just about one pound. Add a cardboard box and packing materials ans it would probably end up between one and two pounds, so you'd pay for two pounds shipped.

Now, the HP-2 is somewhat more substantial than the RS-1. In a pizza box, I'd expect the shipping weight to be closer to three pounds. The HF-1 weighs about the same as the RS-1, so I don't think it'd tip the scales much higher.

Interesting.

Based on weight, wood and plastic might be out. Maybe we are going to get aluminum cups.

I'd be happy with that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, I was thinking about the price calculus of the HF-1. People compared it to the RS-2 and RS-1, or a retail about twice its cost. Now, if the HF-2 is equivalent to an $800-$850 retail Grado, it might be pretty damn nice. Also, all of the high end Grados have been mahogany or aluminum.

May 18, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #60 of 704
Considering other models, including the GS1K and PS1K get the pizza box, I think that would be the most shocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back