HF-2 update
Aug 26, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #76 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by revolink24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad you don't live in the conUS theoddone, he is good at answering the phone, but the 800 number doesn't seem to work outside the us

I called him yesterday from Norway, worked fine. Perhaps there's limitations on calls from other countries though?

Aug 26, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #77 of 166
Just recieve them, you can sell them for $600+ here on Head-Fi
tongue.gif

Aug 26, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #78 of 166
Quote:

tongue.gif

That is a horrible comment. It's not even funny.

Aug 26, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #80 of 166
Quote:

tongue.gif

...sell them?!...I think I'm gonna faint..lol

Aug 26, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #81 of 166
Hi All,

Just wanted to keep you updated. 50 more of the HF-2 are shipping out this week. There may be a few day delay next week due to a part shortage. It will NOT be a lengthy delay. It looks like about 4 more weeks and all of the HF-2 will have been delivered. Thanks to all of you for your patience and for your business.

To those of you who have received their HF-2 - I hope you are enjoying them and that they have met your expectations. I know there have been a few sets with problems and those will be taken care of - just give me a call and arrangements will be made.

To those of you who e-mailed me last week - I had a serious family problem and did not get to all of my e-mail. I am back in the office and if you did not get a reply resend it and I will answer it asap. I am sorry for this but I had to take care of some personal business.

Todd

Aug 27, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #82 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What amount would have been funny?
tongue.gif

Not to mention, it wasn't meant to be funny, more to dissuade him from doing exactly what I told him to do because of the ridiculous mark-ups that these things cause (and which once again will make us doubt the coming of another HF 'phone)

Aug 27, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #83 of 166
Thanks for a great pair of 'phones Todd/John. Screw the drama, people can make their own choice w/ their own wallet.

These sound great and I'm keeping them. The same cannot be said of my 325i's.

Aug 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #85 of 166
Quote:

tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is a horrible comment. It's not even funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What amount would have been funny?
tongue.gif

Quote:

Not to mention, it wasn't meant to be funny, more to dissuade him from doing exactly what I told him to do because of the ridiculous mark-ups that these things cause (and which once again will make us doubt the coming of another HF 'phone)

I can understand the wish to keep this headphone and to sell it at a mark up does leave a bad taste in many members. However I can understand why some sell theirs, for example: 1) do not care for the sound, 2) overextended themselves and need to recoup the money, 3) spouse is not happy, 4) an emergency came up for which the money is needed, etc. I am not condoning it nor suggesting someone sell theirs, just pointing out some interesting issues.

Currently I am burning-in a pair, it currently has 145 hours and so far sounding nicely although I find the RS-1 has more treble extension and wider soundstage. On the other hand the HF2 has a thicker/deeper bass w/ an immediate and punchier presentation. I hope to compare them again when the HF2 reached at least 200 hours of burn-in.

Cheers.

Aug 28, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #86 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can understand the wish to keep this headphone and to sell it at a mark up does leave a bad taste in many members. However I can understand why some sell theirs, for example: 1) do not care for the sound, 2) overextended themselves and need to recoup the money, 3) spouse is not happy, 4) an emergency came up for which the money is needed, etc. I am not condoning it nor suggesting someone sell theirs, just pointing out some interesting issues.

Currently I am burning-in a pair, it currently has 145 hours and so far sounding nicely although I find the RS-1 has more treble extension and wider soundstage. On the other hand the HF2 has a thicker/deeper bass w/ an immediate and punchier presentation. I hope to compare them again when the HF2 reached at least 200 hours of burn-in.

Cheers.

I understand the need for some to sell them. But I do feel that they should be sold at or around their original price. Sure there are simple laws of supply and demand, so that won't happen. What I do wish for though is that less people bought them with immediate attempt to sell this time than the first time. I think most folks that were around for the HF1 will agree that it seemed unlikely that an HF2 would appear simply because of the selloff.

Anyway, I'm about 30 hours in with the HF2 and love them. They have gotten quite a lot less bright with burn-in, and the burn-in effect was much greater than other Grados that I have had. The warmth in these in pretty unparalleled in Grados. Also, one thing I noticed is that these seem to be quite a lot harder to drive than my MS1s
confused_face(1).gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #87 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi All,

To those of you who e-mailed me last week - I had a serious family problem and did not get to all of my e-mail. I am back in the office and if you did not get a reply resend it and I will answer it asap. I am sorry for this but I had to take care of some personal business.

Todd

Hope everthing is o.k. Todd. Thanks for the update.

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #88 of 166
Quote:

Hi All,

Todd

Todd,

May I send to you and yours best wishes and hope all is well.

DrumonRon

Aug 28, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #89 of 166
Order #6008, checked my email and got my shipping confirmation. Priority International is supposed to take 6-10 days; I don't know if I can wait that long!

I'm hoping that it's a little quicker since I'm in Canada, and not overseas or some other remote destination. Still, it's nice to finally know that they're on their way.

Aug 28, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #90 of 166
Quote:

Hi All,

Just wanted to keep you updated. 50 more of the HF-2 are shipping out this week. There may be a few day delay next week due to a part shortage. It will NOT be a lengthy delay. It looks like about 4 more weeks and all of the HF-2 will have been delivered. Thanks to all of you for your patience and for your business.

Can't wait!!
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the update Todd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back