HF-1s making my head hurt :(
Dec 3, 2005 at 5:27 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
Grados have this problem particularly badly. The 325 for example have about a +15dB peak at 9000Hz. That's 32 times louder than the surrounding frequencies!
showGraph.php

The +6dB peak at 2000Hz is four times as loud as the surrounding frequencies, and the +9dB peak at 5000Hz is eight times as loud.

Even the RS-1 doesn't avoid this problem. The peaks even get a little broader. Two of the peaks span entire octaves:
showGraph.php

Heh, time for hd650's I guess.

Dec 3, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #32 of 34
more like the ER4S, have you seen the channel balance graph of those things ? its like 0.1% difference :O

Dec 4, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #33 of 34
well i guess the loud volume was the culprit
smily_headphones1.gif

I am not going to say right now that is the only problem, ill be sure to pay more attention to my listening habits, but it's true I got used to the loud volume without even noticing it.
on the echo indigo dj card there is a volume knob that you can turn, it takes about 5 'slides' with my finger to move it from lowest (completely silent) to highest volume, 1 slide is enough to make it comfortable, but the pain was occuring when it was at the 4th slide or so, i guess I just wasn't paying attention

ill be sure to let you guys know any developments, interesting that a lot of other people feel pain too, even with different headphones.

Thanks

Dec 4, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #34 of 34
I am noticing the dull ache too on my HF'1's in comparison to the SR80's I used to have welded to my ears. Perhaps burn-in would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back