Hey there -- I think its up.
Feb 5, 2004 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

neil

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

If there are any problems that you run in to, just let me know. You can write me an e-mail (neil@head-fi.org).

Nice to see you guys again,
Neil

Feb 5, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 27
Woohoo!
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 27
Whew! Thankfully I've only been home for and hour so I haven't been without my fix for too long
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2004 at 2:33 AM Post #7 of 27
Cripes. I'm terribly sorry, everyone. Neil and I had the bright idea to move Head-Fi to another server during the middle of the day.

Pre-preparation was done, and so the expected downtime was 15 to 20 minutes. LOL! Yeah, well....that estimate was about, oh, six hours off. The search index bailed, and had to be re-built.

So, anyway, it's back up.

Please don't be too upset -- but, if you are, blame Neil.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 5, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #10 of 27
Was beginning to have DT's.........The time does look to be off, tho, but no biggie here.

Feb 5, 2004 at 2:41 AM Post #12 of 27
Jude, Neil, thanks again for all your hard work. I know you guys put a lot of effort, time, money, etc to keeping headfi going, so thanks again.

btw, our pain and anguish felt when headfi is down is a mere testament to how much we love this site (and are subject to our addiction). but thanks for easing my pain and bringing HF back up again...I cant go too long without my fix

Feb 5, 2004 at 2:42 AM Post #13 of 27
Crap. Timezone. New server was set to GMT, not to mention that it was in a new timezone alltogether. Some posts may be jacked, but we'll keep an eye open.

Feb 5, 2004 at 2:42 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
Jude, Neil, thanks again for all your hard work. I know you guys put a lot of effort, time, money, etc to keeping headfi going, so thanks again.

btw, our pain and anguish felt when headfi is down is a mere testament to how much we love this site (and are subject to our addiction). but thanks for easing my pain and bringing HF back up again...I cant go too long without my fix

Amen. Clap clap.

(Cue for applause)

I never realized how many times I just click on head-fi to see what people are seeing...

Feb 5, 2004 at 2:51 AM Post #15 of 27
I had to look up my password.
eek.gif

I've been trying to get in here allllll day!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I finally had to break down and re read my electronic version of Stereophile.
I kept checking in to see what progress was being made.
Thanks Jude for keeping those updates out there when we click our favorite link. I liked this one; Quote:

Okay, here's what happened. We began the process of relocating Head-Fi to another server. We thought we had it pre-planned, and thought it would be a smooth transition. Murphy's Law decided to step in, and, bam!, problems cropped up, and we lost the search index. What's taking so long is that we're re-building the search index now. I take some comfort knowing it wasn't me who goofed on this one -- it was Neil! :) I'll be back shortly with another inaccurate ETA. -- Jude -- Admin, Head-Fi.org 2004-02-04 18:58 EST

Users who are viewing this thread

Back