Hey, HeadRoom, you need to ....
Sep 6, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #76 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My only complaint is shipping costs to Canada. I know you really like the tracking and speed of the service you use. But $35 no mater what to Canada has prevented me from making orders I would have otherwise made.

Hi Dustin,

Please feel free to give us a call whenever you're wanting to ship small items like cables, eartips, coffe mugs, etc to Canada. We'll be quite happy to do MUCH cheaper USPS mail on little orders containing smaller, easily shippable things! -- Unfortunately, the pricier & larger amps, headphones, etc., must still ship via FedEx to international destinations since their tracking and insurance remains second to none
cool.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales & Product Manager

Sep 6, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #77 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recable more headphones then just two.. AKG 701 & the Beyers 880's.. You would get more business & revenue this way.. I spent around 800.00 on balancing my 3 headphones.. That cash could have went to Headroom.
biggrin.gif
Please consider it.

Kool Bubba Ice,

We're working on it! ...
wink.gif

Developing a viable headphone recabling program has a been a big goal of ours ... Right now its simply an issue of available manpower and time constraints; we're largely maxed-out in HR Manufacturing Dept in terms of personnel, output capacity, and actual physical production room
very_evil_smiley.gif
-- so we'll likely have to grow a bit before we can develop a rapid & professional headphone recabling service at HeadRoom; we basically have our hands full just keeping up with balanced recabling for our own balanced amps!

We do currently have some newer staff in very early training stages for these tasks so hopefully sometime in early 2008 we'll be able to announce an "official" HR recabling program!
580smile.gif

Cheers,
Jorge

Sep 7, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #78 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd just like to reiterate this one in light of the currently active AKG Customer Service thread.

You folks are excellent at customer service and order fulfillment at the small-order retail level. The manufacturing companies - not exclusively AKG, but they are frankly the poster child in my experience - really are not. And the big retailers like Amazon don't do replacement parts and such very well.

All I'm asking, HeadRoom, is for you to be my go-to shop for as many of my headphone-related needs as possible.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks again for your comments, Episiarch... we WANT to be your 'go-to' shop for all 'yer headphone paraphenalia!
tongue.gif

As we slowly grow HeadRoom staffing levels along with our website, our long-term goal is to bring aboard more & more headphone parts/accessories. We've just recently added beyerdynamic earpads and cables; Hopefully, the 'parts' selection will continue to expand as we go along here!
icon10.gif

Cheers,
Jorge

Sep 7, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #79 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headroom needs to take another listen to the Ultrasone PROline 750's.

I am with you on 85% of the ratings on headphone.com, but I really feel that I'm hearing something different, something much better, in the 750's.

A second audition and commentary would be appreciated.

Bootleg,

Thanks for your comments ...

We do periodically revisit our HeadRoom product value ratings and discuss changes we feel may be due for certain products. The ProLine 750 is at the top of the heap for re-visitation by our review staff. I will hazard to say those headphones highly benefit from very, very EXTENSIVE burn-in time due to their unique titanium driver design
eek.gif

Cheers,
Jorge

Sep 7, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #80 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by swee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was sent a different product to what i ordered, called up from New Zealand and was told to keep them and ill be sent a refund as it wasnt worth shipping back and forth, yet still waiting for the refund 3 weeks or so on.. Received prompt email replys before the purchase however not after..

Hello Swee,

We strive to have all refunds credited within 2 wks of the returned item(s) clearing inspection AT MOST, usually its much less. Very sorry you somehow fell between the cracks ... I trust all is OK by now but please send me an e-mail at Jorge@headphone.com with your info and i'll be happy to personally look into any such issues anytime!

Cheers,
Jorge

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #81 of 177
[I'm hoping this is the best spot for this post, as it's somewhat web-related and not directly a HeadRoom issue...]

After a recent order placed at HeadRoom, which arrived in one day after shipping <g--Yeah!>, I thought I'd be "polite" and take the little BizRate.com survey to tell HeadRoom how pleased I was with their service and prompt delivery. What a bloody nightmare that's turned out to be (BizRate.com, that is).

I had to go through pages and pages of saying "no" to magazine subscriptions, coupon requests, and a vast assortment of other spam nonsense before I was able to complete my subscription to just provide some feedback. Then, I received numerous e-mails from BizRate.com telling me I need to click this link and that link to confirm this or deny that, etc. After about three days of following links and continuously declining their myriad offers, I finally read that to unsubscribe all I had to do was follow the link in the newsletter. There was none.

I would like to see HeadRoom not partner with BizRate.com in the future in an effort to allow HeadRoom's customers some peace of mind after the sale. Instead, perhaps a HeadRoom sales employee could e-mail or communicate with the customer directly (if a box is checked requesting follow-up, for example) to verify that the order was delivered satisfactorily, etc.

Or, just ditch BizRate.com altogether...

Still loving HeadRoom,
Scott

Sep 10, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #83 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Dustin,

Please feel free to give us a call whenever you're wanting to ship small items like cables, eartips, coffe mugs, etc to Canada. We'll be quite happy to do MUCH cheaper USPS mail on little orders containing smaller, easily shippable things! -- Unfortunately, the pricier & larger amps, headphones, etc., must still ship via FedEx to international destinations since their tracking and insurance remains second to none
cool.gif

Cheers,
Jorge

Only problem there is that FedEx charges silly cross-border brokerage fees. Not as bad as UPS admittedly, but with the taxes and that you can pay up to 50% of the item cost. It makes a great deal, a terrible one. I wish I could deal with headroom, I wish I could buy an amp, but at 150% cost I'm sorry, but it just isn't worth it! That really ticks me off that I could've been ordering little things from you guys, wish I had known a couple years ago!

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #84 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by electronguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[I'm hoping this is the best spot for this post, as it's somewhat web-related and not directly a HeadRoom issue...]

After a recent order placed at HeadRoom, which arrived in one day after shipping <g--Yeah!>, I thought I'd be "polite" and take the little BizRate.com survey to tell HeadRoom how pleased I was with their service and prompt delivery. What a bloody nightmare that's turned out to be (BizRate.com, that is).

I had to go through pages and pages of saying "no" to magazine subscriptions, coupon requests, and a vast assortment of other spam nonsense before I was able to complete my subscription to just provide some feedback. Then, I received numerous e-mails from BizRate.com telling me I need to click this link and that link to confirm this or deny that, etc. After about three days of following links and continuously declining their myriad offers, I finally read that to unsubscribe all I had to do was follow the link in the newsletter. There was none.

I would like to see HeadRoom not partner with BizRate.com in the future in an effort to allow HeadRoom's customers some peace of mind after the sale. Instead, perhaps a HeadRoom sales employee could e-mail or communicate with the customer directly (if a box is checked requesting follow-up, for example) to verify that the order was delivered satisfactorily, etc.

Or, just ditch BizRate.com altogether...

Still loving HeadRoom,
Scott

Hello ElectronGuy,

Very interesting comments and MANY thanks for pointing out the pitfalls we may have overlooked re:BizRate. I've taken the liberty of fowarding your comments to our Marketing/Sales VP and IT Manager respectively.

Thanks again and sorry for making you jump through all those hoops!
frown.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales / Product Manager

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #85 of 177
Agreed. Shipping rate is crap

Oct 3, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #87 of 177
make something similar to the iriver ihp140 that has more memory/video capabilities and that doesnt cost $700. :p

For people like me that cant have the computer on 24/7, the iriver ihp140 gives me a way to have most of my music in a digital format that can be used to send to a DAC. So if you guys can make something like this, that would be awesome

Oct 13, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #88 of 177
i know you guys are trying to sell these yourselves, but it would be great if you did more reviews on other headphone amps. i really appreciate your reviews, and i value them over many other websites ive seen. it would be great to see more content in that department

Oct 15, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #89 of 177
Offer measurement services! I'm incredibly curious how some of my cans measure vs. the ones you've already published, and would be willing to pay to get them added to the database.

Oct 30, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #90 of 177
How about a Micro Power Supply for that Micro Ultra setup?
It only needs to be able to power two Micro modules.

Then a nice triple combo package could be sold from which the AC power-supplies are omitted. An upgrade to the quality and a saving of $200 at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back