Hey, HeadRoom, you need to ....
Jul 30, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #61 of 177
Tyll...... I'd like to see a balanced headphone extension cable - maybe 10ft (reasonably priced, of course!).

Jul 30, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #62 of 177
Quote:

...go out on a limb, and change your balanced standard. Start putting 4 pin female connectors on your balanced amps, and 4pin balanced male connectors on the balanced headphones. After all, the K340 and K1000 were both that way before you made the blockhead, and it's so much simpler to have just 1 connector on a pair of headphones. You can make pigtails for compatibility.

I have been hoping for this for a long time. Yet everyone seems to prefer the dual three pin set up.
mad.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #63 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been hoping for this for a long time. Yet everyone seems to prefer the dual three pin set up.
mad.gif

I find headphone swapping with dual three pin to be clumbsy at best and just plain annoying when you swich-up left and right.

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #64 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mad.gif

It is worth noting that if they went to the 4 pin convention the choices for connectors would be drastically limited. I'm sure companies would start producing them as demand dictated but to start with you might only have 1 or 2 choices.

Jul 31, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #65 of 177
Lack of options when the available options are that good isn't a problem for me. Switchcraft and neutrik are the only balanced connectors I use anyway.

Aug 2, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #66 of 177
Add the Jvc Marshmallows onto your site as a recommendation for under 40, and perhaps add a link to the Kramer mod onto the ksc75 page.

Aug 3, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #68 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tyll, where are you?

Sorry, man, been busy as heck. I think I should be able to start gatting a little more regular (oatmael and bran they say) but it'll take a bit to catch up. Keep posting your comments though, I'm listening, and I'll get around to comments.

Aug 8, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #69 of 177
Hi. I'm wondering if you can somehow remeasure Etymotics (as well as other IEMs w/filters) with filters installed as they do alter the frequency response. If not, can you give us a note whether the filters were installed during the tests or not?

EDIT: Can you also add in the frequency responses for the Audio Technica's (AIR series with the D designation) of phones as well? They deserve more love, definately.

And how about the MS1's + SR80's to bring an end to the debate once and for allll?
biggrin.gif

Thanks.

Aug 8, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #70 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi. I'm wondering if you can somehow remeasure Etymotics (as well as other IEMs w/filters) with filters installed as they do alter the frequency response. If not, can you give us a note whether the filters were installed during the tests or not?

I'm certain the filters were in - these are an integral part of the FR shaping in Etymotic headphones, they are not just to stop ear wax getting in. As this is how they are sold, and intended to be used, this is how they are measured. Not to do so would be a bit like measuring 650's without the ear cups.

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #71 of 177
Was sent a different product to what i ordered, called up from New Zealand and was told to keep them and ill be sent a refund as it wasnt worth shipping back and forth, yet still waiting for the refund 3 weeks or so on.. Received prompt email replys before the purchase however not after..

Aug 25, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #72 of 177
Headroom needs to take another listen to the Ultrasone PROline 750's.

I am with you on 85% of the ratings on headphone.com, but I really feel that I'm hearing something different, something much better, in the 750's.

A second audition and commentary would be appreciated.

Aug 25, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #73 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I'm going to be glad to hear all your comments of praise in the "Thank You" thread, I'm also interested in where you think we can do a better job.

This thread is your opportunity to make suggestions about how we can improve. It's quite likely that we'll start some new threads off the ideas that you post here, but I'd appreciate it if you'd start by making suggestions here rather than start a new thread for every one.

Recable more headphones then just two.. AKG 701 & the Beyers 880's.. You would get more business & revenue this way.. I spent around 800.00 on balancing my 3 headphones.. That cash could have went to Headroom.
biggrin.gif
Please consider it.

Aug 28, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #74 of 177
My only complaint is shipping costs to Canada. I know you really like the tracking and speed of the service you use. But $35 no mater what to Canada has prevented me from making orders I would have otherwise made.

Sep 6, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #75 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
- Offer more headphone parts. Beyer pads, AKG pads, those little twist-on 1/8"-1/4" adaptors that come with many headphones and eventually get lost. Yeah, we can try to track this stuff down from the manufacturers ourselves, but I'd really rather deal with you even if you took longer and charged more, because your phones get answered and you return messages.

I'd just like to reiterate this one in light of the currently active AKG Customer Service thread.

You folks are excellent at customer service and order fulfillment at the small-order retail level. The manufacturing companies - not exclusively AKG, but they are frankly the poster child in my experience - really are not. And the big retailers like Amazon don't do replacement parts and such very well.

All I'm asking, HeadRoom, is for you to be my go-to shop for as many of my headphone-related needs as possible.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back