Hey Guys, I'm new.
Nov 30, 2008 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Raez

500+ Head-Fier
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I wanted to make an intro thread. I'm currently on my second pair of 'real' cans. (Well, sort of second.) I purchased a pair of Sennhesier HD595s back in July last year, but very sadly they broke down and I can't find anybody to repair them. If anybody knows a place in the Dallas area that will repair them, I'd in debt to you. In the mean time, my audiophile ears have been begging me to get out of my $20 Plantronics (Yes I know, very sad.) and get some decent headphones. Currently my budget is a bit tight, so I decided to go with the Audio Technica ATH AD700s. (I'm sure I misspelled that.) Anyhow, this forum greatly influenced my decision in purchasing those, so I thought I'd go ahead and join.

P.S. Gah, even now, looking over at my poor HD 595's make me tear up. They're such amazing headphones. So seriously, if anybody knows any place, PLEASE tell.

Nov 30, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 20
Welcome to Head-fi! Sorry about your wallet.
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 20
Welcome to Head-Fi!

Sorry to hear about your Senns. Have you tried contacting the Sennheiser USA service center? You can find them here:

Sennheiser USA - Service

Now that you have a second pair, why don't you send them in to get fixed?

Hope you enjoy your new cans and I hope you stick around and post.

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #9 of 20
Picture2.jpg

I should probably buy a couple of these guys and put them on my wallet/safe/credit card/ all other means of spending money, because I have a feeling I'll be having strooong urges very soon. Is there an audiophile rehab clinic that anybody knows about? I mean, they have them for pedophiles, so why not other types of philes. Hahaha.

(B.T.W... Don't mind the small child in the picture with the lock. I 'Googled' biggest lock in the world. That was the only picture that showed the immense size.)

Also, just wondering, will my ATH AD700s really be better? I mean, my HD595s were like $250 plus! These are only around $100.

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so I decided to go with the Audio Technica ATH AD700s.

Good choice and very comfortable, I like mine , note that they are very big and if you have a small head they may slide off, also they do not have the deepest bass in the world so not ideal for bassheads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back