Help with this amplifier
Oct 6, 2010 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jschristian44

Member of the Trade: Justin's Headphone Modding
CAUTION: Incomplete trades
Hi

I just got the Behringer HA400 amplifier.  It has 4-channels for headphones and an input.  The input and the channels are 1/4" holes.  Anyways, after only a few hours of usage, my headphones do not work anymore like they used to and are fried I think.  It's a shame because I just got done modifying them.  The highs are gone, and I can hardly hear any mids at all.  Anyways, I was wondering if it was the amp or something I did.  I had a 1/4" connector going from the input on the amp to 2 of the mono 3.5mm plugs going into the front speaker out/center speaker and sub inputs on my soundcard.  Then I used the 1/4 adapter on the ad700's and plug that into a slot.  It worked like a normal amp for a while, then my headphones just didn't work like they used to.  Should I have used a single 3.5mm going into the soundcard instead of 2 mono ones?  It seemed just one mono plug worked fine when it was plugged into the headphones which was wierd because its mono but both channels were working.  I left the other one hooked up though.  Could this be my problem?  I wouldn't like to send it back because it did work good for a little while.  Do you think I blew the speaker drivers because only one mono plug was working at the time?  If I continue to use the amp, should I just get a single 3.5mm plug and hook it into the Line in spot on my soundcard?  Thanks and would like some replies ASAP!

Oct 7, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 2
i just read the manual and it said it could damage the headphones if turned up too high.  i did actually have it more than half volume at one time, could this have done it?  it was only a breif second though.  is this amp just too much amp for the ad700 you think and thats what blew the drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back