Help with solos
Jul 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Altrocklover

New Head-Fier
my beats by dre solos have messed up in the left ear, and I think I have busted the speaker. There is a harsh static/buzzing noise during the music. Please no sennheiser>beats. I know, I have the hd 800s. I just want these fixed because they are special to me.

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 12
send them back to monster for warranty/repair. or check the drivers if there is hair stucked infront of the driver.

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #6 of 12
send them back to monster for warranty/repair. or check the drivers if there is hair stucked infront of the driver.
Monster may have a replacement policy instead of fixing and shipping the same pair back out, which would sort of ruin the sentimental value. (I assume that's what special means)

---
If you should find it's the driver at fault I'm sure you can get a broken pair off someone and do the repair yourself.

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #7 of 12
then check the drivers for any things obstructing the diaphragm, or replace the cables with another cable (as mentioned by other users). if it is really broken, replace the drivers!

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #8 of 12
Monster may have a replacement policy instead of fixing and shipping the same pair back out, which would sort of ruin the sentimental value. (I assume that's what special means)
---
If you should find it's the driver at fault I'm sure you can get a broken pair off someone and do the repair yourself.

Knowing how cheaply made these things are, I'm almost certain they won't bother trying more than replacing the cable before sending a new pair back.

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #11 of 12
SOLD THE HD 800s?!! 
eek.gif

deadhorse.gif
 You have a collection of Beats headphones and also a pair of HD 800's and you sold the HD 800s?!! I would KILL for a pair of those! Boy let me tell you I had one of those "DAFUQ?!!" moments after that post of yours!! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude but I just . . . I don't know.

Jul 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
SOLD THE HD 800s?!! 
eek.gif

deadhorse.gif
 You have a collection of Beats headphones and also a pair of HD 800's and you sold the HD 800s?!! I would KILL for a pair of those! Boy let me tell you I had one of those "DAFUQ?!!" moments after that post of yours!! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude but I just . . . I don't know.

Personal taste is what matter the most, if the guy if fully aware of what he likes, then never mind.
I'd just buy an other beat solo, as they are known for having cheap built quality.
Or I'd try to find something that sounds similar (and most likely cheaper) from other brands. Unless design matters too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back