Help with Re-Cabling, Double Wiring, and Microphone attachment
Sep 4, 2010 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jschristian44

Member of the Trade: Justin's Headphone Modding
CAUTION: Incomplete trades
Hi,
  I just picked up a brand new pair of Sennheiser HD-555 headphones and a Zalman in-line microphone from Amazon.  Anyways, I know how to do the grill removal soundstage mod because I have already done it.  What I need help with is, rewiring the end of the tip so I don't have to use that stupid attachment for the computer.  It always breaks or bends and ruins either the connection to my computer or the end itself.  Also, I have seen people solder a few wires into the cups to have double cabling that goes into one to improve the sound.  Does anyone have a write-up or detailed pictures and some info on how these 2 things are done?  Also, on the last note, I want someway to attach the Zalman microphone to the headset if I could.  I have seen someone attach it somehow and then use a cable sleeve to make it all one cable, but I don't know where to get that sleeve or what size I need, etc.  If anyone could help it would be great.  I've tried searching with no luck.  I am pretty sure there is a write-up for the double cabling on here somewhere if someone could help me find it, but I couldn't find anything on the tip re-wiring and the Zalman microphone mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back