Help with choosing headphones in $100-$150 range?
Sep 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #63 of 76
So from my experience so far, any music that's under 320kbps is going to sound pretty bad on the a900x's?

They just came in today, only had a few minutes to listen to them. So far so good, I don't know why people don't like the wing system on these because it honestly feels like I don't have anything on my head. The left cup sounded a little muffled on lows, but then again my songs aren't the greatest quality. So far so good, these sound great; I'm playing them straight from my phone

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #64 of 76
i will recommend Beats By Dr Dre Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,the sound quality that made Beats by Dr. Dre famous, only without the cord getting in your way. Controls on the earcup even let you switch tracks without pulling out your music player.

Sep 12, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #66 of 76

So from my experience so far, any music that's under 320kbps is going to sound pretty bad on the a900x's?

They just came in today, only had a few minutes to listen to them. So far so good, I don't know why people don't like the wing system on these because it honestly feels like I don't have anything on my head. The left cup sounded a little muffled on lows, but then again my songs aren't the greatest quality. So far so good, these sound great; I'm playing them straight from my phone

i will recommend Beats By Dr Dre Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,the sound quality that made Beats by Dr. Dre famous, only without the cord getting in your way. Controls on the earcup even let you switch tracks without pulling out your music player.

... plz do not recommend beats... there are headphones half the price that will out perform it. If you REALLY like them then tell us that, don't spew out some Advertisment bs -.-

Definitely not

I  support this statement 100%

Glad your liking them though :D I to love the Wing System. makes my REALLY heavy w1000x feel like nothing as well 

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #67 of 76

... plz do not recommend beats... there are headphones half the price that will out perform it. If you REALLY like them then tell us that, don't spew out some Advertisment bs -.-

I  support this statement 100%

Glad your liking them though :D I to love the Wing System. makes my REALLY heavy w1000x feel like nothing as well 

Yeah these are awesome, I'm still getting used to hearing sounds if that makes sense. I'm not used to noticing songs changing from different sides of the cups. I also thought my right cup was louder than my left but it seems like many songs alternate..correct me if I'm wrong

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #68 of 76

Yeah these are awesome, I'm still getting used to hearing sounds if that makes sense. I'm not used to noticing songs changing from different sides of the cups. I also thought my right cup was louder than my left but it seems like many songs alternate..correct me if I'm wrong

Yeap that's the REAL beauty of stero sound! I suggest you get a Music Player that has VU meter [foor bar does :3] it shows you the sound levels of the left and right, so when you notice "OMG LEFT IS LOUD
 you can see that on the Vu meter as well 

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #69 of 76

Yeap that's the REAL beauty of stero sound! I suggest you get a Music Player that has VU meter [foor bar does :3] it shows you the sound levels of the left and right, so when you notice "OMG LEFT IS LOUD

What's a good test to know if one is louder than the other? Majority of songs sound a bit louder on the left side, but it alternates depending on the song

Sep 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #70 of 76

What's a good test to know if one is louder than the other? Majority of songs sound a bit louder on the left side, but it alternates depending on the song

Grab a VU meter and listen to a Mono Track. Mono is recorded at the same volume on both sides... there is NO left or right shift or variation at ALL it is perfectly balanced on both sides [kinda dull] BUT that would give you an honest look to see if one side is louder than the other.

By the way are sick at all? When I get sick my sinus get all wacky and my left or right one [only one] get's REALLY sensitive to bass [it's kinda cool actually] but it makes lsitening to anything bass heavy well painful and ackward [so no headphones when I'm sick sadly] 

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #71 of 76

Grab a VU meter and listen to a Mono Track. Mono is recorded at the same volume on both sides... there is NO left or right shift or variation at ALL it is perfectly balanced on both sides [kinda dull] BUT that would give you an honest look to see if one side is louder than the other.

By the way are sick at all? When I get sick my sinus get all wacky and my left or right one [only one] get's REALLY sensitive to bass [it's kinda cool actually] but it makes lsitening to anything bass heavy well painful and ackward [so no headphones when I'm sick sadly] 

I think the right side is slightly louder, I switched the headphones around (which actually sounds better) and now I feel more wiggle on my left ear. 

I adjusted the sound and the left now sounds a tad louder, but more equal. Maybe I should send these in, here was a thread talking about faulty pairs from buydig. 

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #72 of 76

I think the right side is slightly louder, I switched the headphones around (which actually sounds better) and now I feel more wiggle on my left ear. 

I adjusted the sound and the left now sounds a tad louder, but more equal. Maybe I should send these in, here was a thread talking about faulty pairs from buydig. 

Maybe, also putting headphones on backwards sounds... strange that might be your problem too 

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #74 of 76

Yes playing games like FALLOUT 3 and SKYRIM is like stepping into another reality and disconnecting from the current one using stereo headphones as a gateway a portal into the unreal made dare I say almost real. Stereo delivers what surround sound promises to do but never does.

By the way thanks for the sig Mshenay. Quite flattering 
blink.gif
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #75 of 76

Yes playing games like FALLOUT 3 and SKYRIM is like stepping into another reality and disconnecting from the current one using stereo headphones as a gateway a portal into the unreal made dare I say almost real. Stereo delivers what surround sound promises to do but never does.

By the way thanks for the sig Mshenay. Quite flattering 
blink.gif
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Oh wow I forget it was down there! But yea man well spoken words deserve to be remembered for ever! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back