Help with choosing headphones in $100-$150 range?
Aug 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #46 of 76
Quote:

Oh wow :xf_eek:, for $125 could you think of any other headphone better than the a900x? I might pull the trigger on those

depends on what you want, the Beyer Dyanmic Dt 990 Pro 250ohm [which needs an amp] can also be had for $125 refurbished, it's... better than the Ath a900x in every way, but 1) it's open backed so it leaks ALOT and lets alot of sound in 
2) it needs an amp, which is gonna cost like $50 so, it's more expensive per say 

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #47 of 76
Quote:
depends on what you want, the Beyer Dyanmic Dt 990 Pro 250ohm [which needs an amp] can also be had for $125 refurbished, it's... better than the Ath a900x in every way, but 1) it's open backed so it leaks ALOT and lets alot of sound in 
2) it needs an amp, which is gonna cost like $50 so, it's more expensive per say 

I want a closed back headphone and really don't want to hook it up to an amp

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #50 of 76
Quote:
My man! Thanks a lot! Have you had experience with buydig? That's where I was going to buy from

No idea, xD I got mine on eBay. I hear Amazon has them for $110 refurbhised as well 

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #51 of 76
Quote:
My man! Thanks a lot! Have you had experience with buydig? That's where I was going to buy from

I bought mine for $140 new on buydig with a great promo code. I had no issues whatsoever.

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #53 of 76
Quote:
I bought mine for $140 new on buydig with a great promo code. I had no issues whatsoever.

There was some talk before about people having credit card issues after buying from Digbuy.
and to use Paypal, not credit card, when buying from Digbuy.
If you did use a credit card, you might want to keep a close eye on you credit card account.

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #55 of 76
Quote:
Suscribed :D Gonna be my next biggest problem after I get a new DAP. 

as far as DAPs go... I honestly like Hifiman. The hm601 and 602 are a tad warm so they pair nicely with very neutral cans [Beyer dt 880/990,. akg K550] AND actually the Ath a900x would be REALLY nice out of a Hifiman dap! They all have a nice analog sound, smooth mids, TIGHT bass and slighty rolled off highs [which gives them a nice energy and tone, while taking out a little sprakle and removing all sibilance] that being said though, any headphone with a biighter sound [like the Ath a900x] will pair nice with a Hifiman Dap. The hm601 is about $150 used. Although the battery life is about 6 hours, which is only about 4-5 less than the X3 and dx50

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #56 of 76
I have noticed some difference playing the a900x through my ipod touch instead of through my onboard laptop audio.

if I get the fiio e10 for my laptop, will it improve the sound quality over just using it with my ipod?

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #57 of 76
Quote:
I have noticed some difference playing the A900X through my iPod touch instead of through my on-board laptop audio.

if I get the Fiio E10 for my laptop, will it improve the sound quality over just using it with my iPod?

Getting a USB/DAC/Amp like the Fiio E10 should improve the audio quality of any headphone, used with your laptop.
A Fiio E17 could use it's DAC/Amp with any computer or laptop and use it's headphone amplifier with the IPod.

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #59 of 76
Quote:
There was some talk before about people having credit card issues after buying from Digbuy.
and to use Paypal, not credit card, when buying from Digbuy.
If you did use a credit card, you might want to keep a close eye on you credit card account.

I just pulled the trigger, I'll let you guys know how they turn out

I'd like to hear your impressions. Are you going to be using an amp/dac or just straight from the source?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Aug 31, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #60 of 76
Any recommendations for headphones $50-100? Are the Gemini HSR-1000 or the JVC S500's better. Is there anything else that might be better value than either of these. Id prefer a full size headphone if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back