help with Choosing Again!?
Oct 20, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #16 of 28
I look forward to hearing your comments. 
regular_smile .gif
 I think custom sleeves = better seal = more bass response, but I'd imaging the sound stage would be smaller as a result. However, I don't really know for sure. Personally, I think the IE8s have quite a wide sound stage, especially for IEMs.

Quote:
I will tell you in 5 days when i get them in the post
smile_phones.gif

Thats what i was told aswell, + an extension on its already wide soundstage

Oh okay cool. but i would expect as much from a $1150 iem lol. Do you know anything about the soundstage of a jh5 compared to ie8? i think thats a more comparable example

Oct 24, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #18 of 28

Quote:
What is Custom IEM has the biggest bass? How does that compare with a IEM with custom sleeves, like IE8 with custom sleeves or any others.

Well, there aren't many reviews, but the Future Sonics Ear Monitor should be the custom with the biggest bass. Keep in mind that at least one person found the jh16 has LESS bass quantity than a high-end dynamic driver universal (although, I'm sure the quality is better than a universal iem).

I'm interested in people's comparisons of their customs to universals with custom sleeves.

You could get a Future Sonics Atrios with custom sleeves.

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #19 of 28

Quote:
Wow thanks for the information and the sinnheiser IE8's by RazorDogDeals2008 are only $275 that is not expensive. So is there any other IEM with custom tips with alot of bass that could even compeat with a real Custom IEM. I was looking into the Unique Melody Mage because the 4 drivers at a good price, but the reveiws are faint and I love alot of bass and every time I mention that at least 1 Headfi-er mentions the IE8 for a bassy IEM. Any more helpful information is well appreciated and Ill look into more reccomendations if there are any that fits me. I also look into normal IEM's but I am 100% sure that I am getting custom tips if not a Custom IEM.

Westone 3 has a nice deep bass which competes with the ie8 bass and is more focused and punchy and have more detailed mids and highs.

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #20 of 28

Quote:
 I'm interested in people's comparisons of their customs to universals with custom sleeves.

Yea +1. One day ill get full customs aswel and do a direct comparison between ie8+custom sleeves to a full custom.. for now i wait for the sleeves to be sent
cool.gif

Quote:
 Westone 3 has a nice deep bass which competes with the ie8 bass and is more focused and punchy and have more detailed mids and highs.

Yup aparantly it does, but in my hours of research before pulling the trigger on the ie8s i found the w3s are prone to sibilance - something which i cannot stand. The um3 aparently has been refined in that department however and alot of people seem to like it.. but coming from a um2 i just wanted something different

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #21 of 28
The only customs I have are the UE 18 Pros and they can sure produce a lot of bass, and the mids are very good too, the only problem is the lack of highs, so I wouldn't recommend them to anyone unless they are going to use them for live performance.

What is Custom IEM has the biggest bass? How does that compare with a IEM with custom sleeves, like IE8 with custom sleeves or any others.

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #22 of 28
Although I only had the Westone 3s for a few weeks before they were stolen, I didn't recall them being sibilance, as I couldn't stand that either. The UM3Xs are definitely not sibilance and they have a bit more bass extension than the UM2s, but they are not bass heavy at all, the bass is a bit more punchier than the IE8s', whereas the IE8s' is louder and boomier.

Yup aparantly it does, but in my hours of research before pulling the trigger on the ie8s i found the w3s are prone to sibilance - something which i cannot stand. The um3 aparently has been refined in that department however and alot of people seem to like it.. but coming from a um2 i just wanted something different

Oct 27, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #23 of 28
So i got my custom sleeves today!! so where do i start..

well it takes a bit longer to get them in your ears, but is a much better feeling than stock tips i tell ya.. it doesnt really feel like theres something in your ear, more like that feeling when you tightly close your jaws. 
Few gripes:i can see it getting a bit annoying to always take in and out.. but screw that ill just ignore everybody lol
& it does make the actual earpieces sit out further than previously.

The better seal produces amazing bass response, its quite an enveloping feeling but not overpowering. i love it on some tracks
dt880smile.png

Treble i think has become a tad less 'airy' due to the better seal but is also clearer and a tad bit sharper. i think treble is more pronounced with these custom sleeves

The soundstage is odd to comment on.. i found it has widened but at the same time also become more shallow. The best way to explain is that its width has increased but depth has slightly decreased.. or the other way around. meh. I think its the result of the earpieces sitting further out from the ears. its now actually like full sized cans

Oct 27, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #24 of 28

Quote:
Although I only had the Westone 3s for a few weeks before they were stolen, I didn't recall them being sibilance, as I couldn't stand that either. The UM3Xs are definitely not sibilance and they have a bit more bass extension than the UM2s, but they are not bass heavy at all, the bass is a bit more punchier than the IE8s', whereas the IE8s' is louder and boomier.

Oh okay, i just didnt want to risk it.. what about the W3s soundstage? That was another dealbreaker for me

Hey and what are you using now besides from the UE 18 Pros?

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #25 of 28
I think the IE8s have the biggest soundstage in all the IEMs that I have listened to.
Apart from the UE18Pro, I have IE8, UM2, UM3X, ER4B and SE530, The UM3Xs are my main IEMs as I prefer something flat and less colored, I use them for commuting, working out at the gym and when I travel. I only use the IE8s at home because of the not so good sound isolation. I like listening to them mostly in bed when I'm relaxing, the treble is nice because it's not so aggressive as the other ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back