Help with Amiron Wireless
Feb 2, 2020 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ksv27

New Head-Fier
Hello,

This is my first post but I've lurking around for the past few days. I got these headphones for Christmas and I've loved them since I took them out of the box. I bought an LG V30 and a Tidal subscription because I realized those were the minimum requirements to enjoy the potential of the headphones and boy was I right. I see people not liking the fit and/or sound signature but I love them in almost every way. I agree with the people that say you hear stuff you haven't heard before.

After a few days of use the cable that goes to the headband got out of the hole alone with the padding at the metal part that has the L/R markings and serial number. I considered that unacceptable for headphones at this price and had them replaced. The new ones came in and after a week of using them the touch pad stopped working, and unfortunately it stopped working while the bluetooth volume was low so the only way I can use them loud enough is wired. If the volume was at max I would keep them without complaining.

The only thing I found online was about 4 or 5 reviews of people having the same problem. I live in New York and don't know if the cold weather has to do with the touch pad no longer working. Has anyone here had this happening to them? Is there a way around this without sending them back again? Any DIY fix I can try? I am covered under the 30 days return period, but I would like to avoid that.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 8
Sounds like you just got really unlucky with 2 headphones that obviously passed QC, but failed shortly after.
It's kinda like winning the reverse lottery... but statistically much more likely.

If the touch pad isn't working at normal/warm temperatures indoors either, it's most likely a faulty touch-pad and it's not something most people can easily fix.

Feb 3, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #3 of 8
That's unfortunate indeed. I have the Amiron Wireless too, although the Copper version and have it slightly more than a month and I don't have this problem. Have you used it outdoors? I live in the Netherlands and have no idea how the weathers are there for you. But for such high-end headphone, I doubt I'll ever take it outdoors.

Have you tried the firmware thingy? Have no idea if that can fix it. And do you use the MIY app? From what I've read you can adjust the sensitivity of the touchpad. But yes, agreed the Amiron Wireless is a very amazing headphone.

Feb 3, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 8
Last night it started working again. But I am afraid I don't know if it is just temporary. I don't know if it matters but I have the Copper version. I tried factory resetting, updating firmware and changing the sensitivity, achieved nothing. I know these are high end, but it never crossed my mind taking them outside was a bad idea.mI have used them outdoors and the temperature lately has been around -5c to 5c.

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 8
Last night it started working again. But I am afraid I don't know if it is just temporary. I don't know if it matters but I have the Copper version. I tried factory resetting, updating firmware and changing the sensitivity, achieved nothing. I know these are high end, but it never crossed my mind taking them outside was a bad idea.mI have used them outdoors and the temperature lately has been around -5c to 5c.
Have you ever took them outside? If my memory doesn't let me down, I remember some headphones are sensitive to cold weathers and it's not only Beyerdynamic. Apple screens for example.

Feb 4, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #7 of 8
One of the main design points of capacitive touch sensors is that they are more resistant to temperature changes.
There's no reason for the touch sensors to completely stop working at these relatively 'normal' cold temperatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back