*Help! what are these Earphones? what Company exactly?
Jul 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PinoyPogiman

100+ Head-Fier
hi, just here to seek a question to be answered.
i recently found a pair of Earphones in the Garage with a box of a bunch of old wires and useless cables.

To hear them, they are lacking in Bass, and more tinny in the Highs, okay Mids.
the Earphones are more weighed in to the higher end of the spectrum.  in my opinion of course of my own ears.

i also found a small bag with Earphone outserts, and they fit snugly with the drivers of the earbuds which actually improves the bass just a bit.

im seeking to sell these on a website elsewhere not here. and i need help on knowledge of what company and/or Model these Earphones are. so i can sell them and advertise them more accurately

they have no Company markings, they are all blank, only Left, and Right indications.
and i doubt companies like Sennheiser, Audio Technica, AKG, or any hifi brands out there.

heres a pic of these Earbuds:

If someone can tell me what Company, and/or Model of these headphones are, it will be highly appreciated.

so i can get the aproximate price i can deal with,
because i dont want to sell potentially 50$ earbuds for 5$

Thanks!

Jul 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #2 of 6
Your picture quality is poor, so details are hard to see.  Earbuds like this won't sound their best without some foam pads around them.  They look sort of like the older Sony E888, but the stem isn't long enough for the Sony, and Sony's would be clearly marked.

Jul 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Your picture quality is poor, so details are hard to see.  Earbuds like this won't sound their best without some foam pads around them.  They look sort of like the older Sony E888, but the stem isn't long enough for the Sony, and Sony's would be clearly marked.

yea, lower end cameras dont fare well without adequate lighting.

but ill tell you that the backs of the earbuds are this reflective plastic silver, gray around.
it has a Mute button attached.

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #4 of 6
bump

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 6
As I said, without a better picture, you will get little help from anyone.

A mute button and 3-ring tip means it was made for a phone.  Could be very cheap phone earbuds, but no label at all on them probably indicates cheap fakes.

The question is how do they sound?  If they sound great, use them (I suggest foam pads for them) -- if terrible, chunk them and start looking for new ones. 

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #6 of 6
i they dont match up to the tons of other Earbuds ive had in awhile.

in this case my deceased Panasonic RP-HYE120K which had nice treble, not not so overpowering bass. from what i remember, that was 2 years ago that i had those. those were the last Buds i used when i ventured into the Headphone, audiophile world. so i might not be accurate with that review.

The earbuds i show have tinny trebles, almost no bass at all. actually similar to my Sennheiser HD201's except the HD201's are better sounding and less tinny.
so in this case the sound is really up in the High end of the spectrum, focused on the mids and treble. bass is almost nonexistent.

when i put on the Foam covers, there is bass improvment, but sacrifices a tiny bit of treble to some muffles. but that is because of the foam covers.

i dont plan on keeping these, as i did state that i was selling them for cheap, just wondering if i was able to find some base price.
i think 5$ doesnt sound bad for these cheap feeling buds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back