[help thread] Amp3 IEM preferance
Sep 8, 2010 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Hanus

Head-Fier
Hello

I bought the AMP3 about two months ago, and have been using it with my dt770 pro, but now I feel its about time to buy something new.
I have stumbled upon some cash, and I figured I could buy some IEMs so I can use them while working out and not looking like a prat on my upcoming trip to India. 

But what kind of IEMs are preferable for the AMP3? 
I have been looking at the Westone UM3X and read many good things about them, and as far as I can see, they should be a good match with the amp3.
but the Shure SE530 \ 535 is a worthy adversary as far as I can see.

My preferances: Singer\Songwriters, Acoustic, electronic (dnb, dub, etc), rock(britpop mostly)
I am willing to pay up to $400 for them, perhaps slightly more but id rather not.

Thank you:3

Sep 8, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 6
The AMP3 also needs about 80-100Ω in order to strut its stuff. It is pretty nice sounding when it can output its full resolution and that seems to occur only after about 80Ω.

I like the Sunrise AS-Charm with the AMP3 quite a bit, but it isn't an IEM. The Etymotic ER4S, too, is a great iem for the AMP3 that exhibits only a little hiss and gets pretty good resolution straight from the headphone output.

Sep 8, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #5 of 6
The UM3X hisses like a snake with the AMP3. Chances are good that the Shure SE530 will do the same. The only in-ear earphone with a low enough background noise for me was the ER4S, as shigzeo says, though I also enjoyed the Monster Turbines Pros hooked up through a 68Ω impedance adapter.

Nov 5, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #6 of 6

yeah, I realized that now..
Ended up storing my amp3 in a drawer, now im using a j3 - pico slim - um3x combo
Thanks tho
Quote:
The UM3X hisses like a snake with the AMP3. Chances are good that the Shure SE530 will do the same. The only in-ear earphone with a low enough background noise for me was the ER4S, as shigzeo says, though I also enjoyed the Monster Turbines Pros hooked up through a 68Ω impedance adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back