help this Skullcandy noob move on..
Jan 26, 2011 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gizmokaka

New Head-Fier
hi all, first time post!
recently, my Skullcandy Skullcrushers broke. I now know the truth behind their (nonexistent) durability. Even though they broke after only four months, i was satisfied with their sound quality. I listen to a lot of sub-bass heavy music, like Dubstep and Drum&Bass. I am looking for a new set of portable over ear headphones that can replicate the same bass levels as the Skullcrushers. I am looking to spend around the $100 range, but can go up slightly. I was looking at Sennheiser HD518's, but am unsure if they can replicate deep subsonic bass. obviously, im also interested in good mid/high range as well, sooo please help me find a pair of suitable headphones! :O

Jan 26, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #2 of 2
For around the $100 range, the ATH-M50 is the most recommended headphone because it is a great all-arounder and starting headphone. However, it may be somewhat difficult to find it that cheap now since the price recently went up.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-65-portable-headphones-reviewed-tdk-wr700-akg-k430-added-01-08

This is a great reference thread too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back