Help: Static Pops with HIFIMAN HE-560 Planar Headphones. What's up?
Apr 7, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #16 of 20
FWIW: The new cable on my HE-560s has a balanced 4 pin XLR connector in addition to a smooth plastic cover.  This cable is no less susceptible to static pops.  

Good luck with your RE-400.

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #17 of 20
I'd just like to chime in on this.  I just got some HE-560s and experienced the problem today of some minor static popping in the right ear cup.  I have my chair on a chair mat for my desk area and didn't experience this problems a few days ago.  The difference was.  I was wearing shoes/slippers those days.  Today I was just in my socks, which generate tons of static electricity on this mat.  Put on my slippers and the problem appears to have gone away.  Interesting that these headphones are susceptible to this problem.  Didn't have an issue with my old Audeze LCD-2s.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #18 of 20
Useful information.  Thx.

The question might now be: Does anyone NOT get pops with HE-560's when they manage to generate static? 

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #19 of 20
I've been having this problem quite a lot lately. Thanks for the info about the slippers, I will be trying this. 

I have carpet and sometimes lay on my bed while listening to the HE560. I noticed the static pop a while back when I got my second pair (funny enough, I don't recall my first pair doing this - exchanged due to a driver issue). I simply bought some anti static fabric spray and sprayed down my bedding. Popping stopped for a few months. 

I recently bought new covers and new bedding. The popping came back much worse than before lol. And this time, as much as I use anti static spray, it won't go away. 

I washed all my bedding except the comforter with softener which should help static electricity. The comforter is too big to fit in my washing machine so I have to take it down to a cleaner.

As you can imagine, a lot of static electricity builds up while laying down on sherpa blankets and pillows. 

I had static electricity pop with HE500 only once and it wasn't while laying in bed, and I tested the HE6 while laying down on my bed and no pop. 

I think this may have something to do with the 1 magnet design...

I should also mention: the only time I get the static pop is while laying down in bed. If I'm sitting in my chair or recliner, or even walking around, no pops. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #20 of 20
Just noticed this for the first time today with my LCD-2... really frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back