Help! Some Input Please :)
Jan 30, 2011 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

esolomon

New Head-Fier
Hi !

I recently joined Head-Fi and love the community here. I made the big leap and purchased my first set of audiophile IEMs and I gotta say... it's like rediscovering my music all over again.
dt880smile.png

However, my girlfriend doesn't seem to share in my enthusiasm. She doesn't seem to understand why someone would pay more than 10 dollars for earphones.

So please help me convince her! Please post why you think paying for Hi-Fi sound is worth it. We may have another potential Head-Fier here !

Jan 30, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #3 of 3
There was a time when I thought it was ridiculous to spend more than $50 on earbuds or in-ear phones, and I was quite outraged when my brother spent more than $200 on a pair of Shure e4c a few years back. But after listening to them, I bought myself a pair the next day. I bought my girlfriend a pair of SE210 thinking that she'd appreciate it but she didn't think they sounded any different to her Apple earbuds, and she somehow lost them soon after. After I got my SE530, I gave her my e4c, which to her, didn't sound much different anyway, and she lost those very soon after too. So I've come to the conclusion that some people just don't appreciate sound quality like most people here do, and there's really no point in trying to change that. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back