Help pick between UE SuperFi3 and MEElectronics M11+. Need good isolation, and good bass!
Dec 14, 2010 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SalseroCAN

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

I am trying to pick between ME Electronics M11+ at $25 shipped vs Ultimate Ears SuperFi 3 Studio at $35 shipped. I've used Me Electronics M6 before and quite liked them(broke them, my fault). Both are very good deals

http://www.meelec.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EARPHONE-M11%2BRD-MEE&Show=TechSpecs
http://buy.logitech.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Locale=en_US&SiteID=logib2c&id=ShoppingCartPage

Source: Sansa Clip+ 8Gb with RockBox installed, mostly 160-320kb/s MP3. No Amp

Music: Mostly latin music(salsa dura, New York style from 70's, Salsa boogaloo style, but also lots of electronica(trance, techno), lots of R&B and dance music, some rock, new age, some classic, some movie soundtracks. I also listen to audiobooks quite a lot. 

What I'm looking for:
1)The best sound isolation possible with a reasonable comfort. I usually won't spend the whole day listening to music, typically I won't listen for more than 3 hours. I mostly listen to music to block out noise in a bus, or subway or in a plane. I loved the sound isolation of Etymotic Er6 when I had them. M6 with triple flange were not quite as good at isolating, and much more uncomfortable.

2) Lots of bass, however a decent to good clarity in the mids and highs. Definitely not looking for exceptional highs at this pricerange

I understand that Ultimate Ears SuperFi 3 Studio are considered entry level high end headphones, while the M11+ are more like the higher end of low-end offerings from ME Electronics. It seems like overall clarity will be better with the Ultimate Ears SuperFi 3 Studio. However every review mentions that they are bass-shy. I will certainly have to use bass boost. The question is, will Ultimate Ears SuperFi 3 Studio with Bass Boost sound better than M11+? Will they isolate better? The specs for SuperFi say they isolate 26db external noise, as for M11's it's not clear how much they isolate exactly. 

I look forward to your input!

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #4 of 7
Isolation is about equal between the two but of course depends on tips used. For bass quantity, however, there is no contest. The M11+ is a bass monster next to the SF3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back