Help needed: O2 AMP or O2 ODAC with A900 + X-Fi Titanium HD sound card ?
Sep 20, 2012 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BillardFan

New Head-Fier
I am quite noob with everything related to audio but I have a decent ears and I like quality.
I only got two little question for you guys today.

I Got my eyes on the ATH-A900 headphone and X-Fi Titanium HD Sound card as my source and an very nice guy on this forum advised me to get an Objective 2 amp cause the X-FI titanium don't support very well the ATH-A900 40ohms.

O2 AMP

O2 ODAC

So my question is, Do I need to buy the ODAC or just the O2 will do fine engough with the Sound Card ?
Also, its said on JDS labs that we can customize the AMP, is there anything special for make those A900 sound great or just the default setting would be perfect?

Planned use: X-Fi Titanium HD --> O2 or O2+ODAC --> ATH-A900

Using this setup in order for: PC Gaming ­> Movies > Music

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Do I need any customization for the ATH-A900 or default setting on the O2 would be just fine?

Since the ATH-A900 is fairly sensitive, and the Titanium HD has a high output level, you may find lower gain settings useful, such as 1x and 2.5x instead of the default 2.5x and 6.5x. The latter would likely also be fine, though, but you could find the volume control too sensitive.

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 5
I don't really mind a sensitive volume control as I usualy just place the sound once and leave it like that forever.

So I guess I will go with the Default gain setting Incase I feel like upgrading my Cans later.

p.s: Just a quick question also, Do I need to buy an other cable for plug the O2 in my audio card or it come with the O2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back