Help! My IEM's are out-of-phase from the factory!
Oct 9, 2012 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

anthony81212

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

So I bought a pair oF Dunu I3C-S IEMs a fellow head-fi member. When I met up with him, I auditioned the IEMs for a brief moment with Coldplay - Princess of China.

Right at the start of the song, I immediately noticed something was different about this pair of IEM's - the beginning synths of the song seem to come from everyone outside my stage, and from far away. I thought that this was just a wide soundstage during the audition. 
blink.gif

On the way back home though, on the subway, I started noticing weird things. The music playing through these, particularly vocals, seem to be "smeared" across my whole head, instead of the dead-on-centre in my head, what I was used to with IEMs. I thought this was stereo crosstalk, and because I didn't have anything analytical to test with I left it at that.

But now, I played a audio equipment test CD, that had a phase test track, and I found that my IEMs are actually out-of-phase! I went to a couple more sites:
http://www.richardfarrar.com/are-your-speakers-wired-correctly/
http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_polaritycheck.php

and in all of them, the out-of-phase tracks actually sound in-phase with my IEMs!

Since these weren't modded I can assume they came like this out of the factory.

So the question is, is there anything I can do to fix this? Re-wire them?

Please help! Thanks :)

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks neige.

anthony81212

sorry about what happened. I am Rocky, SR of DUNU. Please contact me through dunu@dunu-topsound.com. I will help you with the RMA process. First, Please take a picture of Earphones and warranty card and send to dunu@dunu-topsound.com. The rest process we can talk on email. Any inquiry please let me know, thanks.

Best,

Rocky

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks neige.

anthony81212

sorry about what happened. I am Rocky, SR of DUNU. Please contact me through dunu@dunu-topsound.com. I will help you with the RMA process. First, Please take a picture of Earphones and warranty card and send to dunu@dunu-topsound.com. The rest process we can talk on email. Any inquiry please let me know, thanks.

Best,

Rocky

Hi Rocky,

Thanks! I bought the DUNU from another member of this forum.
I will ask him if he has the warranty card, and will let you know.

Thanks!

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #8 of 8
Turned out all okay! Contacted DUNU and was able to get an RMA replacement. :xf_eek:

Amazingly, they sent me the whole IEM package again! - not just the IEMs themselves, but everything, including the ear tips, ear hooks, metal box, leather pouch, and all the adapters!

Thanks DUNU for your excellent customer service!! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back