Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Open the window.

............................ and throw him out of it
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #22 of 67
Fart in his general direction.
Wear a snorkle vented to the window.
Staple dr scolls odor eaters to his armpits.
Invite him home and have a nice bubble bath together.
Stick your earbuds into your nostrils and play rain forest sound effects.
I have many remedies.

Feb 28, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #24 of 67
I ran across a website a while ago that specialized in just this sort of thing - it was somethng like gentle hint.com, or something like that...

They send hints on how to spruce up, fight bad breath, get facials, use deodorant, and like that, even gave out coupons to use for the supplies and so on...

Find that, and use it on him...you would have to know his e-mail addy

Feb 28, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #25 of 67
What's funny is that my employer is actually a "fragrance sensitive workplace" or some crap like that, which basically means "Don't wear too much cologne or perfume because some people are allergic or get headaches". Personally, I'd apply that same policy to someone with bad BO, it's a similar issue...just on the other end of the spectrum.

Mar 1, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #26 of 67
I worked for a french conglomerate, some of the employees were european and new to this part of the world. Although the bathed/showered they some did not use deodorant. Short of politely letting them know (perhaps over lunch) they will not change.

I should add that as a norm a person who "smells" may not be aware of it. If you are embarrased just leave a note.

Mar 1, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #27 of 67
Walk into work with a hazard suit on and Febreeze him

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #28 of 67
My workplace went "fragarence free" in January, but the memo said at the bottom..."and please remember, continue to wear deodorant please!" I know they were saying that half jokingly, but I'm glad they did. I can't stand BO, but I would hate to have to tell someone that they stink. I echo what others have said, and tell your HR dept. It's their job to handle these type of issues...

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #29 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by xand1x
...Febreeze him

That is some amazing stuff right there.

One time a bottle of something really strong (tequila or jack or something) burst in my trunk and spilled all over. It smelled so bad. My buddy carried some Febreeze in his car and we sprayed it in my trunk and let it air out. It was all gone in a day.
icon10.gif

Telling someone they smell is one of those awkward situations though. Like telling someone they have a booger peeking out of their nose. There's no casual way of telling them this without embarrassment.

Telling the HR person seems to be the best advice I've seen in this thread. Make someone else the bad guy. That's their job.
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #30 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
That is some amazing stuff right there.

One time a bottle of something really strong (tequila or jack or something) burst in my trunk and spilled all over. It smelled so bad. My buddy carried some Febreeze in his car and we sprayed it in my trunk and let it air out. It was all gone in a day.
icon10.gif

Telling someone they smell is one of those awkward situations though. Like telling someone they have a booger peeking out of their nose. There's no casual way of telling them this without embarrassment.

Telling the HR person seems to be the best advice I've seen in this thread. Make someone else the bad guy. That's their job.
tongue.gif

It is indeed amazing..

I would agree with talking to the HR people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back