Help my co - worker STINKS!!!
Feb 28, 2006 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 67

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
A mate in the cubicle next door to me STINKS!!... rampant BO here folks... "This is Beyond BO... this is BBO"
confused.gif
confused.gif

What should I do? I'm going to submit an office move request to my boss as a last resort, but I like my cubicle because its right next to the window.

What should I do... this is really bugging me.

thanks,
Garrett

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 67
I'd tell him. If he takes it poorly, or if you just don't have it in you to tell him yourself, go to your HR department. They should straighten it out.

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 67
If you are good friends with this guy i would tell him straight out that it is time for a shower.If not put some glad scented candles or something on your desk to give him the hint.

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 67
Hahah... my step-dad had a problem like this. I'm not sure if it was ever fixed. I think everyone he worked with was too afraid to say anything.

I have a lab TA that always smells too... too bad too, cause the guy isn't a bad dresser. Kind of an odd combo.

How about setting up some air fresheners?

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #9 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by omedon
Tell him you are having trouble concentrating at work because his man scent is turning you on.

Should work like a charm but could also backfire with hilarious results.

Hehe... Brokeback Cube-Farm
eek.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #10 of 67
That's a tough issue to deal with. He may get very offended by speaking directly to him about it, so I'd be going to my supervisor about something like that. Most workplaces require some sort of minimum hygeine and his supervisor could rightfully tell him that he needs to correct his BO issue. Even if it is a medical issue, there are treatments available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Hehe... Brokeback Cube-Farm
eek.gif

Oh my
eek.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #11 of 67
There's nothing you can do. Ever see that Seinfeld episode "The Smelly Car"?

"You don't understand what I'm up against. This is a force more powerful than anything you can imagine. Even Superman would be helpless against this kind of stench."

icon10.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #14 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
Pine tree deodorizer
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL!

That actually happened at a job I had years ago. One of the new hires had
a major BO problem. Nobody wanted to say anything to him. I think they were too embarassed. I was just glad to be far enough away to not notice or care. Anyway, one morning I came in, and the people in the surrounding cubes were covering his entire cubicle in those air fresheners. It looked like a truckstop exploded in his cubicle. Needless to say he got the hint.

I didn't even ask how much they spent on those things, but it could have been cheap.

Ahh memories....

-Jeff

Feb 28, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #15 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
A mate in the cubicle next door to me STINKS!!... rampant BO here folks... "This is Beyond BO... this is BBO"
confused.gif
confused.gif

What should I do? I'm going to submit an office move request to my boss as a last resort, but I like my cubicle because its right next to the window.

What should I do... this is really bugging me.

thanks,
Garrett

Get to work before he does and leave deodorant on his desk anonymously. until he starts to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back